new diagnosis, new weight management program, new me!

Hiya, I'm Katie and I just very recently found out that i have PCOS and am pre-diabetic, a friend of mine turned me on to this site and, even though i've only been at it a few days, my confidence is already going up! My only concern is i don't know how to eat to help ease myself out of diabetes. I haven't gone in to talk to my doctor about it yet, which is the first logical step, but i was just wondering if anyone has any advice for eating right. By the way, this is the BEST name of a group ever. Thanks a ton!
Katie

Replies

• leachjg
    leachjg Posts: 63 Member
    A lot of pcos women eat low glycemic diet, which I think is very beneficial to diabetics. I would ask for a nutritionist/dietician consult to help you on that journey.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Many other women also eat low carb/ketogenic. This was the only way I was successful. I am pre-diabetic and have PCOS also and the ketogenic diet leveled out my blood sugar, helped me lose weight and helped me get pregnant. I love it!

This is a more drastic approach that may not be necessary but if you do want more info check out:

www.reddit.com/r/keto

www.reddit.com/r/xxketo

www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

Good luck!