Anybody still active?

Options
Well, I'm back, and under a new pen name (used to be Mexi's Mom). I was on hiatus for a long time, and I really need to get back on the band wagon. Starting fresh on Monday with a new account, and hopefully a new outlook!

I have about 100 lbs to lose and am not currently riding my petite mare because of A) my weight paired with her [lack of] size, B) my weight paired with her greenness, and C) my weight paired with my loss of balance and fitness from being out of the saddle for several years. So basically, MY WEIGHT! By springtime, I hope to be a reasonable and comfortable size to start riding again.

If anyone here is still active, feel free to send an invitation my way. I would love to have some friends to join me on this crazy journey.

Replies

• onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I log my workouts but that is about it.
  • sameoldsong00
    sameoldsong00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me!! I'm currently suffering from lack of motivation, but am getting back in gear tomorrow. Show season has ended, and it's time to focus on myself for a little while!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm still here every day. After losing 45 pounds since starting MFP (75 total) I am now working on maintenance. I've discovered that I need to keep logging in order to keep myself honest. I've been way over for the last 3 days and find that it is way too easy for me to slip into my old habits if I don't stay accountable.
  • d2jump
    d2jump Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I don't check in often, but I will try to check in more often. Maybe we can motivate each other. I'm doing well with my weight loss. Half way to my goal. My riding is already improving which is good. When I am heavier it is harder to balance. I'm sure my horse appreciates me being lighter, too!
  • allikat819
    allikat819 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm still around! I haven't been doing that great in the last 6 months with logging - and I'm still recovering from bronchitis so exercise has been limited, but I still regularly check in to MFP. If anyone needs a bud, I'm happy to be a cheerleader. You're welcome to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • Maelay
    Maelay Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm around, but I've been using the site to show my weight progress and to look up calories. My riding is going great! I can now ride some slimmer horses, and I have a show coming up Saturday!
  • twentyfourpaws
    twentyfourpaws Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just checking in here to say hi (this is bits619 from Coth) and happy Thursday! We're off to a concert this evening in Atlanta, so I'm probably going to be waaaaay over my calories for the day (can't stand light beer!) buy will enjoy myself regardless.

I had a lymph node removed nine days ago (biopsy came back negative thankfully!!), so I'm still hobbling along. Hope to swing my leg over a horse this weekend. Probably Sunday after the IEA kids are done with him (rather than Saturday after he's had a week off!!) Won't be doing much of a ride, honestly don't know if I literally CAN "swing a leg over".... Might see if he stands for mounting on the off side...! Looking forward to being able to be more active and negate some of these Halloween candy calories! ;)
  • fog472
    fog472 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am still here. I had been away for awhile, but have been active again for the last month or so. I am always looking for people to help keep me motivated. I have a long way to go, over 100lbs to lose, so anything helps.
  • cagey22
    cagey22 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on here for ages..... Hoping to get cleared for exercise and dieting tomorrow after having a baby 6 weeks ago. Therefore, I have some excess baggage to my previous excess baggage. I could benefit from some serious motivation and accountability in the coming weeks!

Sounds like a lot of you have been holding strong and doing a really good job, so well done!
  • SophinMaine
    SophinMaine Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The recent OTD COTH thread (and my scale!) prompted me to get back on the MFP wagon! Especially this tine of the year, I need to be careful and l need to lose about 10lbs anyway.
    So, here we go again.
    It really helps me to lon on my food and exercise. As someone said, it keeps me honest!
    Good to read that a lot of you have been doing fine! Great job. And CONGRATS Cagey on your new baby!
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I check in everyday and log my activities and exercise. I should really start logging my food as well, but it is such a pain! My summer holidays started today... yayyy!! Now I will have more time to spend on horseback and hopefully that will also help with the weight loss.
  • krs4747
    krs4747 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am here as well! Overall my goal is to get to 160 - which is around 40 lbs to lose. I've loooove to fit in the breeches I got on sale (online) that are way too small right now. :-)
  • cannie55
    cannie55 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! Would love some more MFP friends :) I was doing pretty well until this fall. I fell off my healthy habits a bit and gained a few pounds back. Trying to get back on track now.

I'm currently horseless, but I hope that will change within the next year or so and I'd love to be fit and in shape when it does!
  • d2jump
    d2jump Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing with the holidays? So far, so good here. Made it through Thanksgiving and even lost a few this week. I started working out again, which I'm sure will help. 21 pounds to go.
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm here - most every day logging food... but not often
    taking the time to come look at these boards .
    Holidays are kicking my butt this year, however
    I am making better food choices daily!
    :) J
  • akumal987
    akumal987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I haven't been active using the site at all really lately, but I am committing to logging all food/exercise. :) I would love any friends/buddies!
  • merryhooves
    merryhooves Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am getting back to posting regularly, and to working proactively towards weight loss. would love to be added to group, to get/give support. My goal is to be better rider.
  • jingoace
    Options
    I'm still here... still logging my food daily. Am working at riding/driving my horses & ponies too. Just keeping on top of it all is the challenge sometimes. :) J
  • jingoace
    Options
    I'm still here... anyone else?
  • ridewithless
    ridewithless Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm here. Doing ok during the week but weekends kill my diet. Fox hunting season is over so maybe I can get on the stick and lose these 10 lbs.