How to find out the duration?

Options
narak_lol
narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
Hi everyone - I need some assistance/advice in finding out the time elapsed from point A to point B.

My device is Garmin 510 - data upload to GC & Strava.

The point A is bottom of a hill (I know the landmark there well, if this info helps), point B is about middle of the hill (also know the landmark). I keep forgetting to get the start/end times as you'd guessed... Any ideas how to find out the duration in between?

Replies

• FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Can you create a segment in Strava?
  • narak_lol
    Options
    Thanks Chris! I'm going to try this.
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    What FDS said but also does your Garmin have a 'lap' button? You could hit that when you get to the first landmark and then again when you get to to the second this will give you the split on GC.
  • narak_lol
    Options
    Thanks guys! I tried what FDS suggested, all good! I now have the times of all of the 3 attempts of the segment I want to time. I was just thinking of outputting the data, did not consider that I can input something new then the output will be easy! I have the lap button so will use that next time as well, so to compare the 2 sets of data. Cheers!
  • mdstamand
    mdstamand Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Karan,

With strava you don't actually have to create a segment. While viewing the graph portion of the screen (below the ride map) you can use your mouse to highlight the section you are interested in. This will zoom in to the that section only and then you can see the elapsed time on the bottom axis of the graph by selecting the "time" button.

It's 1:30 AM here so I hope I'm making sense even though I'm half asleep.
  • narak_lol
    Options
    Mike - I'm glad to report that your explanation is still very clear even though you're half asleep :laugh:

I tried what you said, very cool! Can easily see the gradient, speed, HR etc as well!

You guys are great :drinker: