Fitness Challenge - week of 10/21

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
Good Morning peoples!!! ^_^ I've decided I want to do weekly fitness & health challenges. I know how hard it can be to muster up the energy and motivation to get moving with thyroid disease, but I also know we all joined this site to get healthy and lose weight. Soooo..I'm going to offer up mini challenges to help keep us focused and close out 2013 strong!

For the 1st weekly challenge, I challenge you guys to walk 1 mile at least 3 days this week - you can of course go more than 1 mile at a time but that extra mileage can't be used towards the other 2 days of the week..those will just be bonus miles. Post here in this thread when you complete it. You can also bike or run/jog, or use an elliptical machine for the same distance. Easy peasy guys! :)

I'll be getting my walk in after work doing some hill intervals on the treadmill at the gym. Let's do it!!

Replies

• Barrettmomof3
    Barrettmomof3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Accepted!! Hope to get this done a lunch.
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Awesome - I rode 8.4 miles this morning...but walking a mile and biking a mile are two totally different challenges. I think maybe 3 biking miles per 1 walking mile is a fair trade??? yes, no, maybe?
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Awesome ladies! I think biking 3 miles per 1 walking mile is a fair trade indeed :)

I did "3 miles" on the new Lateral X machine at the gym last night. That thing was so fun! I felt like I was skating. 30 minutes went by in no time at all and my booty got a nice workout :)
  • Barrettmomof3
    Options
    Did a mile walk and lifting today. Hope tonight I will get some elliptical time in. :)
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'll jump in on this! Been having knee problems but plan to start back and try walking tomorrow!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Did a mile walk and lifting today. Hope tonight I will get some elliptical time in. :)
    Great job!!
    I'll jump in on this! Been having knee problems but plan to start back and try walking tomorrow!
    take a nice easy walk so you don't aggravate your knee - but that's awesome you are going to get back into moving again. :) It might help your knee, also maybe try taking some glucosamine if you aren't already.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Did my mile walk on the treadmill at the gym last night so that's my 2nd day. One more day to get in some cardio to finish this challenge for me :)
  • Barrettmomof3
    Options
    Great Job Rose!!!

I did 2.5 on the elliptical last night. And hope to get more time in tonight :) Already hit my 3 miles for the week, but going for more, as I need to/ want to :)
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Great Job Rose!!!

I did 2.5 on the elliptical last night. And hope to get more time in tonight :) Already hit my 3 miles for the week, but going for more, as I need to/ want to :)

fantastic!!!! :drinker:
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Finished out the week strong with 16.5 miles demolished in a spin class Saturday morning. ^_^