Diabetes and the sleeve

Options
Anyone with type 2 diabetes and or/ type 1 diabetes??
So far, how are you doing post op?

--I am definitely a slow loser....

How are your sugars coming along? How is your food intake/diet going?

I am definitely on less meds now ...YAY!
Hopefully soon I will be off all my meds...my blood pressure is great and I have lots of energy too!

Replies

• goodiegarcia
    Options
    I have type 2 diabetes. Just had surgery on 10/23/13. My blood surgars are great. I had stopped using insulin a few months before surgery and then was taken off my actos + metformin combo the day of surgery. I haven't had any problems since. I am expecting to be taken off my blood pressure meds soon since I have been experiencing low blood pressure recently. Glad to hear everything is going good for you as well. I am having trouble getting my protein in. How are you doing with that? How is your weight loss?
  • huligoo
    Options
    hello...
    my bp has been ok...
    Have you been diabtetic a long time?
    I have since I was 22yrs old Im 38 years old now..
    My weight loss is slow but its coming off
  • goodiegarcia
    Options
    I had gestational diabetes with all three of my pregnancies. After the last one it just stuck, which was about 6 years ago. So not too long ago but long enough. My weight loss has slowed as well. I lost most of my weight before surgery. A total of 57lbs so far, 45lbs before surgery & 12lbs after (2wks, 2days).
  • alchaley
    Options
    I was Type 2 for 13 years before surgery and gestational with all 3 kids. I was on insulin for the last 7 years and haven't had any since surgery. I'm 3 mos. post op and down to one tiny pill at night but that's it! My sugars are outstanding. This surgery has saved my life!!! Good luck on your journey!