Recipe Swap

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
Post any recipes you'd like to share with the group here. I know when I come across something yummy I can't wait to share it with people :).

You guys have to try this AMAZING Coconut Milk Chai - 2c boiling water, 1/2 vanilla bean, 1/4 tsp ginger, 3/4 tsp cinnamon, 1c shredded coconut, 4 dates (pitted) - blend everything together really well then strain and squeeze through a cheesecloth and heat back up in saucepan if it cooled off too much. I am in heaven right now! :)

Replies

• Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You are like in my brain right now lol. I was currently surfing the web for new recipes to try. Getting bored lol. I got what looks like an amazing recipe in email today from Webmd that im DYING to try! Cant wait til payday/grocery day to get the items for it. Will share the recipe because it really does look good

South western stuffed acorn squash stuffed with black beans, swiss cheese and turkey sausage. I was concerned bout the cheese and fat but a single serving ( half a stuffed acorn squash) comes in 259 calories, 7g fat 38g of carbs and only 482 sodium which im sure will differ with the sausage brands used. Says to serve with corn tortilla to scoop with. It just sounds so delish! ( I know tostido make some GREAT baked multigrain tortilla, snack on them often with some salsa )

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/southwest-acorn-squash?ecd=wnl_dab_102313
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    You are like in my brain right now lol. I was currently surfing the web for new recipes to try. Getting bored lol. I got what looks like an amazing recipe in email today from Webmd that im DYING to try! Cant wait til payday/grocery day to get the items for it. Will share the recipe because it really does look good

South western stuffed acorn squash stuffed with black beans, swiss cheese and turkey sausage. I was concerned bout the cheese and fat but a single serving ( half a stuffed acorn squash) comes in 259 calories, 7g fat 38g of carbs and only 482 sodium which im sure will differ with the sausage brands used. Says to serve with corn tortilla to scoop with. It just sounds so delish! ( I know tostido make some GREAT baked multigrain tortilla, snack on them often with some salsa )

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/southwest-acorn-squash?ecd=wnl_dab_102313

oh that sounds goood!!! I might try to alter this recipe to be legume free and use nutritional yeast instead of cheese. Maybe I'll use ground beef instead of beans. Yum!!
  • Barrettmomof3
    Barrettmomof3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Not sure If I will be much help here. My husband is a meat carb person, so there is no point in me trying to many crazy recipes. But I would love to get more veggie recipes for me to try as I will eat those, just make them separate. Hopefully there will be a good response. I would love to see what everyone does.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Not sure If I will be much help here. My husband is a meat carb person, so there is no point in me trying to many crazy recipes. But I would love to get more veggie recipes for me to try as I will eat those, just make them separate. Hopefully there will be a good response. I would love to see what everyone does.

When I have time this weekend I'll find and share my fave veggies recipes ^_^.
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Seen this gem this morning and its going in my going into my tummy pile lol I LOVE mexican

https://www.goredforwomen.org/?recipe=spicy-pumpkin-burritos

Spicy Pumpkin Burritos!

Ingredients
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
    1 15.5-ounce can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 15-ounce can solid-pack pumpkin (not pie filling)
    1 cup cooked brown rice, cooked without salt and margarine
    1/4 cup water
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon chile powder (made with ancho chiles preferred)
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne
    8 8-inch low-fat whole-grain tortillas (lowest sodium available)
    1/2 cup sliced green onions
    1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
    1/2 cup shredded lettuce, such as romaine, or spinach
    1/2 cup chopped tomato

Nutrition Facts
    Calories 259
    Total Fat 3.0 g
    Saturated Fat 0.0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1.0 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 1.5 g
    Cholesterol 3 mg
    Sodium 366 mg
    Carbohydrates 49 g
    Fiber 9 g
    Sugars 9 g
    Protein 10 g
    Dietary Exchanges

3 starch, 1/2 lean meat

Preparation
    In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the corn for 4 to 5 minutes, or until slightly browned, stirring occasionally.
    Stir in the beans, pumpkin, rice, water, cumin, chili powder, oregano, and cayenne. Bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
    Warm the tortillas using the package directions.
    Spoon the filling down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle the green onions over the filling. For each burrito, fold two sides of the tortilla toward the center. Starting from the unfolded side closest to you, roll the burrito toward the remaining unfolded side to enclose the filling. Transfer with the seam side down to plates. Top with the sour cream. Sprinkle with the lettuce and tomato.
    © American Heart Association
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    that sounds so good!!
  • findingtracy
    findingtracy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    all that sounds yummy. I get bored too, and husband isn't into a lot of veggies either, and he hates beans. However, he will usually eat whatever I make, especially if its healthy. My children on the other hand...

My favorite recipe source is eatingwell. I have 3 cookbooks and use the eatingwell.com website often.

Today I'll be making the vegetarian taco salad from eatingwell.com.

I also love this recipe but I use significantly less butter/oil and use ultra thin sliced provolone. You could probably use less beef/more mushrooms too. http://www.peaceloveandlowcarb.com/2012/06/philly-cheesesteak-stuffed-peppers.html