Best cold weather running gloves

Options
Hey runners-need to get new running gloves for cold weather. My fingers froze and one hand became numb in my Asics running gloves last weekend. Any of you have favorite cold weather gloves? If so, please let me know. Thanks!

Replies

• DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    For cold weather I use regular brooks gloves. For really cold weather I have a pair of convertibles (there is a mitten piece that goes over the fingers). For freezing cold weather I wear mittens.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    For cold weather I use regular brooks gloves. For really cold weather I have a pair of convertibles (there is a mitten piece that goes over the fingers). For freezing cold weather I wear mittens.

Yup--mittens.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    The Asics gloves are good windblockers, and if it gets really cold I throw on a big pair of mittens over them.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Columbia gloves from their line of winter clothes that have the heat reflective linings that keep me pretty warm when it's really cold out.

If your fingers get really cold I'd try mittens.

You may be able to find glove liners too, I've seen (and used to use) metallic / heat reflective liners - a la Michal Jackson - that kept my hands really warm down to about -40C when I skied. I haven't seen them for a few years but they may still be available.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I use the Saucony convertible gloves. They have worked for me in temps as cold as 20 degrees F. Any colder than that and I use thinsulate gloves or ski gloves if it's really cold.
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I use a Pearl Izumi soft shell glove. I love them and use them for running and cycling during the cold month (in Dallas, so my winter is only 4-6 weeks long).
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your helpful suggestions y'all! I keep forgetting I have thicker windbreaker gloves too but I love my thin Asics running gloves from the NYC Marathon! Thinking about mittens or double-layering or just different warmer gloves now.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I use a Pearl Izumi soft shell glove. I love them and use them for running and cycling during the cold month (in Dallas, so my winter is only 4-6 weeks long).

I use Pearl Izumi gloves too. They got me through a 10 mile trail race when the starting temp was 5* F. My hands have never got cold in them and they whick away the moisture pretty well. I will probably buy another pair before the winter is over.