new to group

Options
craziwrld
craziwrld Posts: 43 Member
Hi ladies! I just joined the group and thought I would give a little info about myself. I am a sahm of 2 kiddos. I have a 4 year old boy and a 2 year old daughter. My son is in preschool this year so I get to spend some quality time with my daughter. Now I'll tell you how I got in the over weight boat... I got pregnant lol. Let me elaborate, I gained 50lbs with my son, I actually lost 25lbs, lots of water weight, by the time I went home from the hospital. But I got really bad ppd.i was also young, 19, and don't want to admit anything was wrong. So over the next year I gained it all back. By then I was finally starting to wake up. That is when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I gained another 35lbs when pregnant with her. I only lost 10lbs after I had her. And ened up gaining a few pounds, though I didn't get ppd with my daughter. So its a little over 2 years since I had my daughter and I am tired of being so over weight. I am struggling with a tear in my shoulder, so I know exercise was out for a bit. So I started listening to my body and making healthier choices. Stopping the first time my body says Hey I'm full. Only drinking water. Stop most of the junk food. Those kind of things. The thought of counting calories is just not for me. I would just get over whelmed by it and give up. So as long as this is working I'll stick with it. In the past 2 weeks I have lost 10lbs. Im hoping to start working on my elliptical within thenext week, I went and got a steroid injection for my shoulder last week, it had already helped a lot. So I think by the end of the week I will be able to add it. Well there it is for now. I will keep everyone updated on progress and. Hopefully no set backs lol. I could always use some friends on here. I like to talk to people with similar struggles, well type lol. Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• hulahoopmama
    hulahoopmama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your shoulder! One kid out of the house should help with workout time! Can you go for a walk with your daughter while DS is in preschool? Not sure if your girl is anything like mine but OH MAN do they like some of those at-home zumba/exercise videos. Throw it on and watch them shake to the music, its great!

You can do this! I gained 50lb 2 times also and lost a good amount of it but now I'm pushing the realm into my pre-pregnancy weight (always 15 lb over weight even before kids though). Fitter after kids is my motto! I'd love to live it!