Do you count on date nights?

Options
I have struggled with the option I have given myself: whether or not to count calories one night a week. Date night.
Usually it consists of sushi...or some type of yummy food like that, and then afterwords we almost always go out to ice cream.

Should I count and let myself go over my limit, or should I just not worry about it?

Do you guys give yourself a time to "not count" every once in a while? Or do you find that it gets you off track?

Replies

• cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I don't track my date night calories - however I stick to limits. For example, if we go for Italian I won't have alfredo and tons of bread. I always ask questions about the menu - what's cooked in butter, fried etc if it's not clear and ask for healthy substitutions. My husband knows I need to do this. occasionally I throw it all out the window but the next day I'm right back on track. It doesn't continue.

Sometimes, if it's going to be a longer night out or if we are doing a casual date night and have more plans later in the week I try to track a little more and gauge where I am at for the day.

And I always try to be a bit more active on date nights. If it's a weeknight I get to the gym in the morning, walk or run during lunch, and take mini breaks all day.
  • Brunette122
    Brunette122 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    count it, that way if for some reason you gained weight or you weren't happy with results you can pinpoint what happened. just because you don't "count" it doesn't mean it didnt happen. :)
  • mjn18
    mjn18 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I do my best to count everything. Part of what is successful for me is not beating my self up if I go over. I really don't worry about the calorie goals on a day to day basis. Some days I am over some days I am under. I like to have the big picture of the week and to gauge the trend in me eating. Having to worry about every single day would drive me bananas.