Apps for programming your own intervals?

Rindy12
Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
Next week I'll finish my 10k training plan and move on to use Runner's World SmartCoach to train for a 15k. That has me doing Speed work with intervals. I'm currently using Nike+ to track my runs, but I can't set up intervals with it. My question to you more experienced runners is what do you use to track intervals? Are there apps where you can program your own intervals?

Replies

• kijoneko
    kijoneko Posts: 56 Member
    Runtastic Pro has the ability to program intervals into it. I can't say if it's better or worse than any of the other running apps around but it's the one I use. :)
    If you have the 'voice' on it tells you when to increase pace, if you aren't quite moving fast enough (or going too fast), then it tells you when you are almost done with the interval etc. Or you can just have it beep if the voice is annoying!

I can't remember if you can set intervals up using the free version though, but it might be worth a look.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    I have the free Endomondo. You can program intervals in three intensities (red, yellow, green)
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    This is where the fancy (read: expensive!) gps watches come in handy. The higher end garmin watches allow you to upload complex and not so complex workouts. The lower end ones will do basic intervals. I liken it to having a coach stand there with a watch, counting intervals and keeping an eye on the clock. The watch beeps: go fast. When it beeps again: slow down. :o)

Check out DCRainmaker.com for reviews of the different brands and options.

Have fun!