Call of Duty: Ghosts

Options
oOoNICKIoOo
oOoNICKIoOo Posts: 107 Member
Hey,

Just curious if anyone here is getting Ghosts? I'm actually really, really excited about it. I've already preordered the game. Only a week away! Will anyone else be on? I'm on XBOX 360. If you would like to add me please feel free. My XBL Gamterag is: oOoNICKIoOo

I hadn't seen anyone post about this game, so I wasn't sure if anyone on here played as well :)

Replies

• hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    Marry Me!

I have the hardened edition on pre-order, made sense when i would be buying the DLC anyways, but it will have to be good to pull me awa from GTA online

GT is same as my name on here
  • oOoNICKIoOo
    Options
    Marry Me!

I have the hardened edition on pre-order, made sense when i would be buying the DLC anyways, but it will have to be good to pull me awa from GTA online

GT is same as my name on here

Haha, I'll probably end up getting the season pass, but I only pre-ordered the regular edition of the game.

I have GTA V too, but I actually haven't been online yet because I'm been playing Black Ops 2 so much haha. Gotta train up for Ghosts :P
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm passing on this series from now on, every Call Of Duty has gotten worse since COD 4. I bought the last 4 because my friends were talking so highly of it and I ended up returning them and trading them in within a week...
  • hougt
    Options
    I got a bit bored of Blops2 when GTA came out, the only thing I liked about it was keeping split screen online so when mates come round we can get a beer and be socialable as well as playing online

It was £39 for reg and £69 for hardened so thought it made sense
  • oOoNICKIoOo
    Options
    I'm passing on this series from now on, every Call Of Duty has gotten worse since COD 4. I bought the last 4 because my friends were talking so highly of it and I ended up returning them and trading them in within a week...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think I got into the series late, so that's why I'm still all about it. I hear a lot of people saying the same thing as you though. I just hope the new one is good :)
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think I got into the series late, so that's why I'm still all about it. I hear a lot of people saying the same thing as you though. I just hope the new one is good :)

I still play COD 4 with friends, it sucks because of the cheating though.
  • hougt
    Options
    I actually went out and bought a turtle beach headset just for this game, may as well get the full experience but will no doubt end up being kids screaming down the mic at me
  • oOoNICKIoOo
    Options

I hear everyone talk about how great it is, but that's the one Call of Duty game I haven't played haha. I didn't really get to play World at War that much either. I have it, but it's really hacked from what I've heard, so I haven't been on much. Maybe I'll have to try out COD 4 :)
  • hougt
    Options
    COD 4 was fantastic, but the cheaters did ruin it sadly. WAW did nothing for me at all
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options
    I remember when WAW came out, we all bought it and then 2 days later we were all back to COD4. It was hands down the best, I feel the killstreaks killed the ones after it. You can't play it online anymore though, people just float around and shoot through the map, it's sad :(

I want to get a Xbox One for BF4
  • oOoNICKIoOo
    Options
    I remember when WAW came out, we all bought it and then 2 days later we were all back to COD4. It was hands down the best, I feel the killstreaks killed the ones after it. You can't play it online anymore though, people just float around and shoot through the map, it's sad :(

That does suck lol. Online is just laggy in general sometimes too, which is why I hope the servers for Ghosts are better. Guess we'll see.

And, I thought about getting BF4, but I don't know. I have BF3, but I usually play solo, so Call of Duty seems to fit that more and it's more fast paced. BF seems like it's more objective and slower. Plus, I figured I'll get BF4, play it for a week, and then Ghosts will come out and I won't play it for a while lmao.
  • hougt
    Options
    I considered BF3 but the lack of split screen stopped me getting it, I might look at BF4
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options

That does suck lol. Online is just laggy in general sometimes too, which is why I hope the servers for Ghosts are better. Guess we'll see.

And, I thought about getting BF4, but I don't know. I have BF3, but I usually play solo, so Call of Duty seems to fit that more and it's more fast paced. BF seems like it's more objective and slower. Plus, I figured I'll get BF4, play it for a week, and then Ghosts will come out and I won't play it for a while lmao.

Battlefield is slower paced and is more rewarding when you do objectives, I think that's why I like it better. I love finishing in first place with a K/D of 5/22 and the guy with 30/2 is mid pack. muhaha
  • slikorify
    slikorify Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've played every CoD since 4, and tbh i still love the series. People are always guna complain when stuff changes no matter what, but the gameplay is still essentially the same and that's what i play it for. I've got my ghosts pre ordered for xbox one though. Will add you later on 360 anyway since i still play black opps 2
  • Mikej77
    Mikej77 Posts: 112
    Options
    I took a long break from COD and console games for awhile. Tried to get some real PVP going on world of warcraft but that died out a few months back. I then jumped into diablo and was having fun. Once I watched the videos of Ghost and BF4 I was instantly hooked. I did not really get big into the multiplayer that much because there was never anyone to play with. I just beat the BF4 campaign and already paid for ghost. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to find a few friends on COD ghost to bum around with. I hate playing solo with morons. flyingpickle is my gamertag add me for sure
  • bship15WECHANGED
    Options
    Wish I was getting COD with the rest of you. I have to wait til 11/22 to play it on the Xbox One!!!! :happy:
  • Mikej77
    Mikej77 Posts: 112
    Options
    Wish I was getting COD with the rest of you. I have to wait til 11/22 to play it on the Xbox One!!!! :happy:

lol I wish I could get new console
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Meh. I belong to that whole "COD has sucked since COD4" camp. There aren't enough new, innovative features in each release to justify new games, and most everything that IS included just as easily could--and probably SHOULD--be included as a DLC for the last year's game. But because all the lemmings buy it you pretty much have to in order to maintain access to an active playerbase.

I think that Activision more or less just plays you all for fools. Each game is exactly the same. Compare to the Battlefield games. Each one uses an entirely new engine, has greatly improved graphics, and totally new features while still keeping to what makes the games true to the franchise. Activision just repackages a new graphics front end on the same engine and sells you all the same game you already own.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Meh. I belong to that whole "COD has sucked since COD4" camp. There aren't enough new, innovative features in each release to justify new games, and most everything that IS included just as easily could--and probably SHOULD--be included as a DLC for the last year's game. But because all the lemmings buy it you pretty much have to in order to maintain access to an active playerbase.

I think that Activision more or less just plays you all for fools. Each game is exactly the same. Compare to the Battlefield games. Each one uses an entirely new engine, has greatly improved graphics, and totally new features while still keeping to what makes the games true to the franchise. Activision just repackages a new graphics front end on the same engine and sells you all the same game you already own.

Ill just take this one a step further. *bang bang .... pew pew pew*

People shooting at other people. Yayyyyy how innovative and immersive. Im sure the story lines are great too. Booooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnnnnnnnnng
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

I hear everyone talk about how great it is, but that's the one Call of Duty game I haven't played haha. I didn't really get to play World at War that much either. I have it, but it's really hacked from what I've heard, so I haven't been on much. Maybe I'll have to try out COD 4 :)

It's not that COD4 was the "best" per se, more that it was the last one to give the game any significant new features/upgrades to gameplay. Every one since then, including Ghosts, is built on the same gaming engine and all they really did was make new maps and rebalance overpowered weapons. Nothing about the games have changed since then. They haven't improved in graphic quality, the gameplay is the EXACT same, the weapons list is mostly the same, pretty much everything is the same. It's like they're literally just re-releasing the same game with new added maps and some balance changes made to weapons. And the only reason to even buy the new one is because everybody else does, so you lose people to play with if you don't, too.

MW3 was the one people were most upset with because it made it the most obvious that all they did was literally take MW2 and reskin it. That's why they made BO2 set in the future, they wanted to try to avoid that. Originally there was talk that Ghosts was going to be built on an entirely new game engine, which people were excited about (wow, you mean a COD game that isn't just the same exact game reskinned?) But they ended up going against that.

Anyway, the COD fans who have been around a while grow more impatient with Activision with each release. They want something fresh, something that actually makes REAL updates to the game. And Activision more or less tells them to go **** themselves.