Indoor Cycling Apps

Options
sillygoosie
sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good indoor cycling app? I'll mostly be stuck on my spin bike until about March and although I have spinning dvds and playlists, I find it hard to stay on the bike for more than 20 minutes. It's incredibly boring but I need to keep up my strength and endurance.

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Would using a trainer or rollers hold your interest more? Rollers look scary...
  • sillygoosie
    Options
    Rollers do scare me. I have the spin bike so I want to use it but it might just be in my best interest to look into a trainer again. it's still boring as hell but at least it's more realistic and comfortable.

ETA When I think back, I remember I used to stay on my trainer for an hour at a time no problem...time to hit craigslist I guess. :ohwell:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    My mountain bike won't fit on the trainer. Jeremy has rollers. I might have to try them. I don't know if I'll ever venture out of the doorway like he does.
  • sillygoosie
    Options
    I know myself too well to try rollers. I can visualize the wreckage now. James wants to use my spin bike anyway so maybe I can justify a trainer. I do enjoy it so much more... I wish I hadn't lost my first one in a breakup. :grumble:
  • matsprt1984
    matsprt1984 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Would using a trainer or rollers hold your interest more? Rollers look scary...

Rollers are great !! You can totally fry your legs in 90 minutes if you want. Great workout in a short amount of time. Easy on the bike, quick setup and break down, very realistic feel.

Go for it, learn to ride rollers you will never regret it. (And yes, I have a trainer too)

You can find rollers on craigslist just as easy as a trainer.
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Bump because i'm interested too!
  • sillygoosie
    Options
    And just like that, I bought a trainer on craigslist. This will help a lot but I'm still interested in good apps.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    one word

Sufferfest

/thread
  • sillygoosie
    Options
    one word

Sufferfest

/thread

I thought I had one of those but upon checking out the website, I don't. These look awesome and I will definitely give them a go.
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    There is a free joggers/runners app called Podrunner, which has music set to specific tempo, BPM. If you want to ride at a 90 cadence just choose podrunner at 180. The music is techno, but the idea is sound, and its free. FYI, when you choose to dl a podcast of music at 180, it will be at least 55-60 minutes at 180. They also do ramp up/down cadences that you might get some use out of.