Words of Wisdom

Replies

• "I want to be the healthiest corpse in the graveyard!' 2essie's profile

I shall bear that in mind as I'm dying during the SHRED!!
  • PortiaBentley
    PortiaBentley Posts: 381 Member
    LMV I've been reflecting on similar terms on the shred thread. I know that I have become too confident and have started having little 'treats' - especially the sweet stuff lying around at work. I was exercising so hard with the swim I thought I could eat anything it seems. So wake up call when I put on 6lbs - I'm determined that between now and Xmas I WILL be back on track food and exercise wise and I will not be eating any more sweeties...

Thanks LMV - a good story that needed to be told. thank you for sharing.

PB
  • 'I can remember as I got into my 40s, I thought with a sinking heart: "Oh I get it: you've got to do more, not less, as you get older in order to stay fit." Emma Thompson, 54.

Read that today and thought that is so true!
  • Lovemyveg
    Lovemyveg Posts: 474 Member
    Beck's words for Monday 16th Dec

"Getting of track with dieting can be very discouraging, but it doesn't need to be. If you were learning to play the piano and hit a wrong key, you would never take that as a sign to give up completely. Mistakes happen in ALL areas of life but keep practicing and you'll continue improving."

Definitely worth remembering when we're feeling despondent after a bad day and as we head into the Christmas celebrations
  • On Becks Diet Solution (she has so many blogs!)

'How do you want to feel going to bed once Thanksgiving is over?'

I thought Crackers we should replace Thanksgiving with Christmas Day... and think on....
  • 'People put on average 2lb over the festive season and most never lose it - a phenomenon known as 'weight creep'.

If I only gain 2lbs over Christmas I'll be thrilled to bits!!!
  • brackenmh
    brackenmh Posts: 587 Member
    Good to read your contributions, MITM, and I'll second your thrill comment. It is so easy at this time for me to put on 5 pounds or more but at least this year I'm doing better than last year. Despite a difficult time the past two weeks, at least I have not thought of throwing in the towel until New Years which would be utterly disasterous for me. I have a complete Christmas dinner gathering on Sunday but at the moment I am trying to see it as possibly one poor day but I do have Saturday, Monday and Tuesday to try to well.
  • PortiaBentley
    Me too MITM!!!! 2lbs would be fab. Unfortunately, I think I've already broken that target..... Oh well - no point in crying over spilt milk. Will just have to get through the next few days and then focus again! Well done those of you who have completed the shred - I'm ashamed of my lack of commitment - but will be starting in January with determination.

take care and enjoy feeling good in the Cracker dresses/outfits etc.

PB
  • mummyinthemountains
    mummyinthemountains Posts: 808 Member
    'Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another' Albert Einstein

Came across that line on one of the blogs and thought I must keep that in mind next time I feel negative energy as I make myself put on Jillian's DVD!! And then I read a profile and one of the photos was of a t'shirt which said

'Do you know what I got for Christmas? Fat. I got fat.' Jillian's positive energy is back in my space!!
  • For those who haven't read Dej230's Blog

'don't get on the scale....unless

If you know you have not put in the work, stay away from the scales... unless you are ready for a reality check... unless you are ready to be motivated and not deflated... Unless you are ready to be inspired and not expired... The scale will thrill you, but it will also kill you... you make the choice to let it build you up and not tear you down.'
  • mummyinthemountains
    'If you were walking down a flight of stairs and stumbled down a few, would you then say "Well I've blown it!" and throw yourself down the rest of the stairs? No! You would get back up and resume walking. If you stumbled today immediately pick yourself back up and start eating in a healthy way again.' Becks Diet Solution

For those of us who need a little helping hand!
  • mummyinthemountains
    I have just read Hanfordrose's latest excellent blog about jeans - to be recommended. Her advice and I quote;

'No hip huggers. I wasn't about to walk around with a muffin top. I think that looks tacky and unattractive. If you don't have abs like Jillian Michaels, you need to rein in the extra fat that is popping out or hanging over your waist band.'

Her blog has inspired me to find time tomorrow for Ripped and the lovely Jillian!!
  • brackenmh
    I read that blog too, MITM. A good exerpt here and I found the whole blog good as she is someone who has persisted over a long time period.
  • mummyinthemountains
    Bracken - I think the woman is amazing. I've read her entire blog and what she has survived and the heart ache.. She deserves her success and is an inspiration to us all!
  • mummyinthemountains
    Read a great quote for today from Nigella Lawson 'My agent says for women hunger is an emergency. If I am not full I am both murderous and suicidal.' SNAP!
  • mummyinthemountains
    Just wished to share this super birthday card I received on the front it says

'May your champers be sparkly, your birthday meal yummy, your chocolates delicious, your cake really scrummy, may there be delight in each lovely surprise.....

and may all those calories stay off your thighs!'

Oh yes please!!
  • PortiaBentley
    Oh that is so right! Enjoy
  • Lovemyveg
    Lovemyveg Posts: 474 Member
    Love it MITM! xx
  • brackenmh
    Great card and now a chance to wish you happy birthday. If it has passed, I hope you really enjoyed the day and indulged- you've been working hard and well deserve it.
  • mummyinthemountains
    This Beck's 'Think Thin Thursday Tip' was written with you in mind Bracken;-

'If you were driving on the highway and missed your exit, would you say 'forget it, I've really blown it now' and keep driving in the wrong direction? No! You'd get off at the very next exit and turn around. If you make a mistake, turn yourself around and get right back on track.'