Is anyone starting to show?

Options
MommyisFit
MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
I am 13 weeks and I am definitely starting to show. Not enough to pull out the maternity pants yet, but it is noticeable. Thankfully, I stay home, so I can get away with yoga pants. :) I always seem to show really early. I wonder why that is? I know it isn't from weight gain either because I haven't gained anything yet.

I am not ready for this yet! lol

Replies

• spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    LOL, with baby #1 I bought mat pants SUPER early from bloating. Second baby I was bloated before but I was showing in the morning starting at 10 weeks. This time around I think I finally gave up at 11 weeks with maternity pants or stretchy ones. I have ONE pair of jeans that are lose rise enough to not push on the tummy. Ugh. We gave up early this time and told people at 9 weeks so I wouldn't have to worry about people noticing instead of telling them.

I haven't gained yet either. How tall are you? I'm 5'3" so I think that has something to do with it. I can only grow out. I'm as big out as tall it almost seems at the end! At least I feel that way!
  • MommyisFit
    Options
    LOL, with baby #1 I bought mat pants SUPER early from bloating. Second baby I was bloated before but I was showing in the morning starting at 10 weeks. This time around I think I finally gave up at 11 weeks with maternity pants or stretchy ones. I have ONE pair of jeans that are lose rise enough to not push on the tummy. Ugh. We gave up early this time and told people at 9 weeks so I wouldn't have to worry about people noticing instead of telling them.

I haven't gained yet either. How tall are you? I'm 5'3" so I think that has something to do with it. I can only grow out. I'm as big out as tall it almost seems at the end! At least I feel that way!

I am 5'2" and 125lbs. So maybe being petite does have something to do with it. I have a tiny torso. I always get HUGE at the end. lol
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow and no sign of baby bump yet. I just look like I ate one too many donuts and my pants fit tight.

I did however just buy a couple of bella bands (black & white) to start wearing over my jeans since their a bit snug at the waist.
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I am wearing. I usually always wear dresses so those do show my bump. I had to put away all the fitted dresses and shirts and pencil skirts and am left with shifts and empire waist which make you look pregnant even when you are not! I have one pair of jeans that have enough elastine in them as well as being low-rise that I can still wear those comfortable. If I wear a loose shirt no one is none the wiser, but if I wear a T-shirt then the bump is showing. At home in the evenings I am usually in leggings, T-shirt and a cardigan, so the bump hangs out in full force!

I am 13 weeks adnd this is my third pregnancy. I am also a shorty at 5'4" but I have short waist to hip ratio which I know from sewing my own dresses and the alterations that I always have to make. This make the babies always sit high. I bought some gorgeous knit jersey yesterday to make two more wrap dresses plus I have some silk jersey that I think will get donated for the cause. I am hoping since they are wrap dresses that they will work through the whole pregnancy as well as after when I am nursing.

I need to pull out my maternity clothes though as I know I have a couple of maternity skirts I could be wearing as well as start replacing tight shirts with the maternity.
  • MommyisFit
    Options
    I have a baby shower this weekend for a friend and trying on dresses is what made me notice my bump. It is definitely more noticeable in the dresses!
  • Mindochka
    Mindochka Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel like I am showing at 14 weeks. This is #3 and despite being in much better shape this time around than with the first two, I feel like I am already big as a house and only getting bigger. I wear jeans to work and already broke out the maternity pants for comfort sake.
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've been showing since I was 8 weeks but I just had a baby 8 months ago so my body hadn't yet snapped back to normal, lol.
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I am 11 weeks pregnant and a bump is definitely noticeable. However, this is a back-to-back pregnancy. I got pregnant within a month after my son's birth.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I HATE that I am showing already.
    Doctor says it is the combination of my uterus never going completely back in place after the last one because of Csection, the fact that this isn't my first pregnancy and that I have constipation problems and this adds to the bloat.
    I am only 7.5 weeks and already have people asking me if I am pregnant.
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i'm nearly 12 weeks, and i think i'm starting to show a tiny bit. i'm pretty fit, but always had that little poochy belly thing going on. the last few weeks i've been feeling pretty bloated, and i got a little extender thing for my pants (major life saver!). last night i was looking in the mirror before bed, and i decided that with my normal posture and sucking-in amount, i am looking a tiny bit pregnant. it could also have to do with the fact that i actually ate quite a bit of food yesterday... for work i've been wearing a lot of dresses with tights and boots. super cute and super comfy for bloated days haha.

oh and my boobs are only slightly bigger. they haven't grown enough to need a new bra or an extender yet. they definitely feel sensitive and firmer though.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    15 weeks this thursday and started to show the other week. I have a fatty tummy though so it looks more like I'm getting fat. lol
  • superhelga
    superhelga Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im 15 weeks. One day last week I looked myself in the mirror and I could swear I suddenly looked like I was 6 months along. For various reasons we still have not told anybody. I feel like I'm just getting really fat again. Probably look like a real jojo diet case. Looking forward to be "legally"/ obviously pregnant. Last time around I didn't really show til I was 6 months.
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Today I had 2 strangers ask me when I was due! I think I just look really fat but apparently there are at least 2 people out there confident enough their conclusion to have the guts to ask!

17.5 weeks +9 lbs :ohwell:
  • KimberlyTG2
    KimberlyTG2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    So I am only 14 weeks, but I have really popped! With my first pregnancy I was so proud of my little bump. Now I just feel fat!
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've noticed I started showing about two weeks ago (I'm 14 weeks now) but figured it was all in my head, however, while standing in a very long 4 hour line at Best Buy on Friday as soon as I took my sweatshirt off the woman in front of me asked how far along I am. I was almost shocked to hear the question because I'm still so early into the pregnancy. I was thrilled and excited to tell her I was 13 weeks at the time. I was morbidly obese with my other two pregnancies and wasn't noticeably pregnant with either of them until at least 6-7 months. I'm very excited to be at such a healthier place with this pregnancy.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    5'0", almost 16 weeks and showing, but it still looks more bloaty than baby to someone who doesn't know me. Oh well!

Regular pants are uncomfortable, but I'm far too small for the maternity pants I had with my daughter, so I'm holding out for Christmas before I get new maternity pants (asked for maternity gift cards for Christmas).
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Ok....I'm 18 weeks now and I still look fat. LOL. No bump, just a widened belly. I actually have "baby bump" jealousy. :tongue: I told my doctor this and she told me it was perfectly normal, but that I might regret wishing for a bump! hahahaha. :) Oh well, enjoying the moment for now.

I'm sure I'll wake up someday and it'll be there. :blushing: