*Official Week Three Thread*

Options

Replies

• kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    lol does anyone have crunches for sale?? I'm glad this is only practice!!
  • Neisha2014
    Neisha2014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    excise class at the gym 50 crunches
    ellipical 50 crunches
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Ill sell you 10 of mine :)
  • soccerella
    Options
    *** current bids**** Auction ends in 15 minutes!!!****

Treadmill - mentalmunchie, 100 crunches
    Elliptical - Neisha2014, 50 crunches
    Stationary bike - soccerella 10 crunches
    Hand weights - kyoung1908, 40 crunches
    Exercise classes (at a gym) - Neisha2014 50 crunches
    Rowing machine - soccerella, 5 crunches
    Exercise videos – MichelleP418 , 80 crunches
    Upper body weight machines (at a gym) - soccerella 10 crunches
    Lower body weight machines (at a gym)- soccerella 10 crunches

rememebr this is just a practice one auction, the real one will be in your team threads
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I think I'm too late!

Exercise videos - 100 crunches.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    elliptical 55
    hand weights 45
  • kyoung1908
    Options

Ill sell you 10 of mine :)

lol whoo!! but I still won't have enough to outbid MichelleP418!! lol the funniest thing about all of this is that she's in my group so we are going to be battling like this all over again!!
  • kyoung1908
    Options
    Ooh am I too late?? Weights for 55!!!
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    gym classes - 60 crunches
  • soccerella
    Options
    Ok the auction is over and heres what the final was:

Treadmill - mentalmunchie, 100 crunches
    Elliptical - Loveme45, 55 crunches
    Stationary bike - soccerella 10 crunches
    Hand weights - kyoung1908 55 crunches
    Exercise classes (at a gym) - katonaroof, 60 crunches
    Rowing machine - soccerella 5 crunches
    Exercise videos – Oh_Allie, 100 crunches
    Upper body weight machines (at a gym) - soccerella 10 crunches
    Lower body weight machines (at a gym)- soccerella 10 crunches

So if this was our team, I would have to do 35 crunches and would be able to do upper and lower body weight machines at my gym, the stationary bike, and rowing machine (not a bad workout!)

Mentalmuchie has claim to the treadmill and owes 100 crunches.
    Loveme45 has paid 55 crunches to do the elliptical
    Kyoung2008 got handweights for 55 crunches. HOWEVER, she also purchased 10 of mine to big with. So even though she didnt win with my extra ones, she still has to pay for them, so 5 x 10 = 50 extra crunches
    Katonaroof has gym classes for 60 crunches
    Oh_Allie has exercise videos for 100 crunches.

There are several things to bid on so hopefully your team can play nice and most people can get something they will use. Remember you can sell your crunches (which obviosuly means you cant bid with them) and whoever buys them has to do 5x as many even if they dont end up using them. You'll want to check in on your team thread too. So for example a post from Kyoung2008 might say "I bought 10 crunches from soccerella so I had to do 50 extra on top of the 55 I used to win the hand weights. Ive finished those and have been using weights for all my workouts this week! I ran outside a couple times when the weather wasnt bad, but it was dark when I got off work thursday so I went to the gym and used the treadmill there" This example would get her a complete for the challenge because she paid all her crunches and only used her equipment (except for the one or two days you are allowed as an exemption)

Alright, time to start bidding in your teams threads if you ahvent already!
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I know this was a mock auction. just read about this. But the orange team has already auctioned off most of the items and I am not a happy camper. I left this reply to my coach (they are doing action on her profile page and to me this was not done fairly.

Very much concidering dropping out of challenge due to the way this was done :(

HUmmm, just woke up and see I missed out on almost all of the auction. Doesn't seem fair for the ones in different time zones or other contries (ex: the UK folks) or others like me who work 3rd shift (night shift) I just woke up 20 min. ago and nothing was said about our challenges this week or an auction before I went to bed.. Very unfair :( Gratz to the ones who were able to know about the auction and who bid and won... Am I a happy camper right now.... NO!!!

RaineyLaney I bid 100 crunches for treadmill.. oh wait, too late, ok, 100 crunches for video's.. oh wait, too late, ok, 100 crunches for weights... dang it, too late.. cuz there was no real time notice to this unfair auction :( Thinking of dropping challenge. I am very very upset right now. I was so excited for the BL challenge group, but this did not sit very well with me at all.
    2 minutes ago · Delete

RaineyLaney due to the unfairness to this, I know I lost my challenges, for I will not go all week without one of those three items I just listed above. I am here to lose weight and get fit, not to back slide
  • tambam72
    tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    So does this mean I can give my 100 crunches to the green teams coach to go towards the elliptical?? Cause if so count me in :D
    You rock Jesse and I would take them and bet them all. You know I can't live without it!!
  • tambam72
    Options
    I know this was a mock auction. just read about this. But the orange team has already auctioned off most of the items and I am not a happy camper. I left this reply to my coach (they are doing action on her profile page and to me this was not done fairly.

HUmmm, just woke up and see I missed out on almost all of the auction. Doesn't seem fair for the ones in different time zones or other contries (ex: the UK folks) or others like me who work 3rd shift (night shift) I just woke up 20 min. ago and nothing was said about our challenges this week or an auction before I went to bed.. Very unfair :( Gratz to the ones who were able to know about the auction and who bid and won... Am I a happy camper right now.... NO!!!

RaineyLaney I bid 100 crunches for treadmill.. oh wait, too late, ok, 100 crunches for video's.. oh wait, too late, ok, 100 crunches for weights... dang it, too late.. cuz there was no real time notice to this unfair auction :( Thinking of dropping challenge. I am very very upset right now. I was so excited for the BL challenge group, but this did not sit very well with me at all.
    2 minutes ago · Delete

RaineyLaney due to the unfairness to this, I know I lost my challenges, for I will not go all week without one of those three items I just listed above. I am here to lose weight and get fit, not to back slide
    Do not give up on the challenge. It works!! Sometimes we have to bow out of some of the challenges, I would hope nobody would crucify you for it, especially if you did not get a chance to play. We are all here to lose some weight and get fit and hopefully have some fun along the way!! Even the contestants were disappointed last night, I mean who really wants 75 lbs of sugar and 150 pounds of flour when you are trying to lose weight, but you know what I would have taken it and instead of eating it, they would have been my weights for the week. i would have carried those darn things all around the ranch this week. I think what soccerella was trying to get at,is getting people to mix it up a little. Do something different, if you can't do the elliptical find something else that would equal it. Sometimes we have to think outside of the box. I hope that you do not drop out and continue on your journey with us. I guarantee these ladies are here to help you!! I hope you have a great week!!:smile:
  • tambam72
    Options
    Ok one teammate said I could have her crunches, so here I go:

Elliptical:75
    Gym classes: 75
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options

2 minutes ago · Delete

Do not give up on the challenge. It works!! Sometimes we have to bow out of some of the challenges, I would hope nobody would crucify you for it, especially if you did not get a chance to play. We are all here to lose some weight and get fit and hopefully have some fun along the way!! Even the contestants were disappointed last night, I mean who really wants 75 lbs of sugar and 150 pounds of flour when you are trying to lose weight, but you know what I would have taken it and instead of eating it, they would have been my weights for the week. i would have carried those darn things all around the ranch this week. I think what soccerella was trying to get at,is getting people to mix it up a little. Do something different, if you can't do the elliptical find something else that would equal it. Sometimes we have to think outside of the box. I hope that you do not drop out and continue on your journey with us. I guarantee these ladies are here to help you!! I hope you have a great week!!:smile:

I understand the challenge and yes, the contestants were upset, but the difference was, they got to bid on what they wanted, if they wanted it etc. They were not just Left out of the bidding process. This just didn't not sit good with me. I believe in fairness, equal and honesty. This was very unfair the way it was done. There should of been some kind of time notice that the auction was going to take place. Not just a 20 min. notice. Most people are not on the comuter 24/7
  • kaylikee
    kaylikee Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a computer 24/7 seeing as how I don't even own one. I don't even use equipment. through the week either but rather than get mad I knew id just deal with it. While I understand, I was also shocked at the negativity from last night. made me want to quit all together. I cut everything else negative from my life. This is no different.
  • kaylikee
    Options
    We all knew going into this that it is based on the show. so the challenge is what was in this week. the only things I CAN do is the treadmill and exercise videos. I use the great outdoors as exercise. but that's no ones fault on here and I didn't feel the need to get upset about it. I got the treadmill last night and wondered how id do it because I keep our cat litter box in that room and a baby gate in the doorway so my toddler doesn't use it as a sandbox. but again I just figured id. adjust and it's. no ones problem but my own. yeah maybe there should've been more notice but you already admitted that without those workouts you'd lose and that's not our. fault. Some of us would've been bound to not get what we want whether we knew or not. but that's what is supposed to be part of the "challenge".
  • soccerella
    Options
    First off Happy Halloween everyone!

Now I dont even know where to start with the rest of my post. I was in a really good mood this morning when I woke up. I finally got to speak to my husband last night, got a decent nights sleep, etc. Then I get on the computer to check in here and am greeted with a series of nasty private messages from people in this challenge. I realize some people are upset, but that doesnt give you the right to be rude to me and say the things you do. I am a real person, lets not forget that. I work hard at this and do it because I like helping people and we normally have fun with it. Im not a TV personality and I dont get paid (in fact i lose money with this buy purchasing and mailing out prizes at the end but thats not the point). I dont understand how people can think its acceptable to "speak" to me the way that they have been, simply because they are on a computer and not saying it to my face.

These challenges are hard for me to come up with. I dont get to watch the show live because I am asleep by then and when I wake up Wednesday morning I have to quick find the show and watch the challenge or find a summery of it online to create one based on what they do in the show. Its a hard balance because I am trying to think of a challenge that relates to the show and is as similar as possible to what they do so that we dont miss the point of the exercise, but also to not wait to long to get the challenge posted so that people have time to read it and understand it and get started. I realize that people are not on here all the time. I get it - I work a full time job, have a part time one, am working on my PhD, plus have a husband and other activities I participate in. We're busy and not on here all the time. Thats why I try to post the challenge first thing wednesday mornings so that people have time to read it and get started on it. With this weeks challenge I had concerns as well and even posted in my original message to please let me know what you think and if people have a problem with it I would try to find something else. I received no messsages or comments about it in the 5 hours that part of the post was up there, and instead people began bidding and seemingly having fun with it. Again, I didnt want to wait too long to get the challenge officailly going, so late yesterday afternoon I removed the comment about letting me know problems with the challenge and said we could start it.

I struggled with this challenge alot actually. I decided to do it the way I arranged it for a couple reasons, mainly the ones highlighted in the show - that sometimes we are faced with something we didnt expect and have to make the best of it. The red team basically ended up with no equipment because the one thing they had was stolen from them at the end. But they made the best of it and found other ways to get their workouts in. The purpose was to get you to move out of your comfort zone and to try something different with your workouts and figure out a way to get a good workout in without necessarily being dependant on a particular piece of equipment. Its actually easy compared to one we did last year were everyone had to go a whole week without equipment!

If you think about it and do the math here, its really only 2-3 days that you dont get to use the equipment. The auction officially ends at 8pm tonight so you could be running on the treadmill this morning and getting your workout in before the auction is over. You have two days then that you are allowed to use that equpment and theres only 4 days left for the week after today (friday, sat, sun, mon), so only two days there that you cant use the equipment. Im sure that is doable for most people. If its not, well then you obviously have the option to just skip the challenge this week and not get points for it

I'm not trying to say "either get over it or dont do it" if thats how it comes across, I really want people to enjoy this challenge and be motivated to lose weight. I'm just one person though and I cant please all 80 of you. I try my best, but mean email really just make me want to cry, not try harder. The purpose of this exercise is, as I said, to get you to try something knew and get creative, and to be able to roll with the punches when things may not go your way. I cant control when the coaches started their auctions and how they let their teammates know it was going to be done - that is up to each team. It is open for more than 24 hours though as it started yesterday afternoon and isnt over until 8 pm EST tonight, so everyone should have a chance to bid.

All I can say is that we should all try to take those two days where we cant use our desired equipment (because really thats all it is) and try something different and think outside the box for a workout . Who knows, you might find something brand new that you actually love and never would have tried before. Or you may absoultely hate it, but at least this way you know.

Im sorry people are disappointed with this challenge and how it was executed. At this point it is too late to change it, and I still feel the lesson behind it is one that we can use. I will take the comments and concerns into consideration though to try to avoid these issues for future challenges.

If you're one of the people who wrote me a mean PM - Im not responding.
    If you wrote me a legitimate PM - I'm sorry, Im not responding right now because Im a little overwhelmed and upset still but I will try to get back to you as soon as possible

Thanks
    Shelley
  • soccerella
    Options

2 minutes ago · Delete

Lainey I think I addressed some of your concerns in the message I just posted and I hope you will read that.

I will say that I think part of the confusion is how your coach ran the auction. I think there was a disconnect in the communication somewhere there and it seems she misunderstood how I wanted this to run. The auction was to be open from yesterday afternoon until 8pm est tongiht, so more than 24 hours for people to bid. It was not intended to have particular items auctioned off one at a time during a specific hour or so period, rather all items to be able to be bid on at once and for a long period of time. The way she did it is of course the way a normal auction would work, but as you said not very fair to people in other time zone or not on the computer at that period in time as they may not see it.

For example, say your team had the bike up for auction for an hour yestreday afternoon and the only bid was for 10 crunches. She then closed that auction after the hour period so it was sold for 10 crunches instead of staying open.

My intention was to have it open for the full 24 hours. Then if someone bid ten crunches on it, they might get it for that, but you could have come along 5 hours later and bid 70 crunches on it. The auction was intended to end at 8pm est tongiht, or else when everyone on your team had spent their 100 crunches.

I must not have explained that properly to your coach, but I had hoped that doing the mock auction in here that people would understand thats how I wanted to do it
  • kaylikee
    Options
    Aw Shelley I hope you're day gets better!!! I think you do a great job...
This discussion has been closed.