Addressing Your Triggers.

Options
joyincincy
joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
So, now that we have identified the stress triggers, how to address them. Honestly, I have no idea, thus my stress begins:( Any and all ideas are welcomed and I will do my best to come up with some rather intelligent ideas for yours, too:wink:

Replies

• missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Okay this year my new strategies involve sitting at a table AWAYYYY from the kitchen where all the food is. Also, allowing myself one dessert portion, instead of trying to say I'll have none and consequently trying them all! LOL. And finally, I'm saying no to leftovers and only letting myself enjoy those foods on that particular day. I tried this last year and didn't do so hot, sooo I'm not sure what else I can try. Oh also, going to try to do a 5k fun walk the morning of, so that I know I'll have extra calories to enjoy some of these foods. Plus light eating in the week before, maybe to allow me some extra to indulge in and then also so my stomach feels smaller and cannot hold as much. I hate that overly stuffed feeling and will do anything to avoid that this year!
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Okay this year my new strategies involve sitting at a table AWAYYYY from the kitchen where all the food is. Also, allowing myself one dessert portion, instead of trying to say I'll have none and consequently trying them all! LOL. And finally, I'm saying no to leftovers and only letting myself enjoy those foods on that particular day. I tried this last year and didn't do so hot, sooo I'm not sure what else I can try. Oh also, going to try to do a 5k fun walk the morning of, so that I know I'll have extra calories to enjoy some of these foods. Plus light eating in the week before, maybe to allow me some extra to indulge in and then also so my stomach feels smaller and cannot hold as much. I hate that overly stuffed feeling and will do anything to avoid that this year!

The 5k walk would be an excellent idea. I might have to borrow that one. No leftovers taken home - very smart. Absolutely enjoy a dessert, its almost evil not to:) I hear you on the too many desserts, though. I was thinking io doing something both before and after as well, maybe the same detox plan I am doing this week for 3 days. Great thinking MissMac!