On Maintenance, exercise calories?

Options
Emma38418
Emma38418 Posts: 38 Member
Im on maintenance and find myself eating all of my exercise calories. Just wondering if you are eating yours or trying not to? I don't know if it's ok to eat them but if I shouldnt be then I can try not to......

Replies

• qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing too. It's hard enough for me to eat all the calories I'm supposed to in a day because I have severe food aversions... :sick:
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Im on maintenance and find myself eating all of my exercise calories. Just wondering if you are eating yours or trying not to? I don't know if it's ok to eat them but if I shouldnt be then I can try not to......

I would say if you are hungry eat them. If you are not then don't worry about it. Pretty soon here most of us will be in our second trimester and need to change from maintenance to gaining 1/2 a pound of 1 pound whatever was recommended by our doctor. I suppose it also depends on what type of exercise are you doing. Is it more strenuous or light exercise? I try to either walk or do yoga daily. That is only about 100 calorie burn. I am not as concerned if I don't eat those calories back as it is such a small amount. Now if it was a higher burn I could maybe make more of an effort.
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I agree with stephysd. It also depends on how you have your activity level set up. If you have your activity level set to sedentary than I would suggest eating back your exercise calories. If you have already factored activity into your maintenance calories, then no you would not eat them back.

I am 13 weeks now and I have changed my settings to sedentary gain 1/2 lb a week. This gives me a couple hundred more calories a day. I do spin 2x a week, plus run 5k, and sometimes Body Pump. On these days I try to eat back some, but not all of these calories. I tend to have 1 o2 2 days a week that I eat well over, so I like to have a few calories "banked" for these occasions. :)
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I still have mine set for weight loss so if I eat over, it's ok. I'm more hungry now that I'm preggers. Dr. doesn't want me gaining nor losing since my BMI is still high. So far, I've maintained around 8lbs on/off.