Hey Bees!

Options
2»

Replies

• Hi Bees!
    On WB I'm soontobemrs1011. I am 4'11" and weighed just under 134lbs this morning, which is overweight for my height. I was 105lbs when I started dating my fiance almost 6 yrs ago. The weight has been slowing coming on, I diet/exercise and lose some, give up and end up gaining more. I own P90x, JM 30day shred, and even joined a gym in April. I can do so well with eating right and going to gym 4 days during the week, and then the weekend comes and it's not so easy. I've been using myfitnesspal for about 6 weeks and have lost about 4lbs. I think my realistic goal weight is 110-115. Need to lose some for engagement pics, and hopefully meet goal weight by wedding in October.
  • blueck1
    blueck1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm almostwebbee on the bee. I'm pretty new on there. I recently got engaged and really want to lose weight so I can start our life together healthy! I currently am 5'6" and 174 lbs (ugh) and would like to lose 40 lbs ish to get myself into a healthy weight zone. I always work out in spurts. I'll lose ten lbs, but not actually SEE the results and then just quit. Eating right is also hard for me because I make excuses so much (birthdays, holidays, any sort of party). Hopefully this group can help me stay motivated and accountable!! And Good luck to you other ladies out there!
  • blueck1
    blueck1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Bees!
    On WB I'm soontobemrs1011. I am 4'11" and weighed just under 134lbs this morning, which is overweight for my height. I was 105lbs when I started dating my fiance almost 6 yrs ago. The weight has been slowing coming on, I diet/exercise and lose some, give up and end up gaining more. I own P90x, JM 30day shred, and even joined a gym in April. I can do so well with eating right and going to gym 4 days during the week, and then the weekend comes and it's not so easy. I've been using myfitnesspal for about 6 weeks and have lost about 4lbs. I think my realistic goal weight is 110-115. Need to lose some for engagement pics, and hopefully meet goal weight by wedding in October.

I'm right there with you trying to lose weight for the engagement pics/ wedding !!
  • Charliejeorge
    Charliejeorge Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Bees!
    I'm Jodie, Charliejeorge on WB. I have been on the "getting healthy" train since Feb 2009. I lost 20 lbs for my BFF's wedding by following Weight watchers, and continued to lose another 45 lbs over the next 2 years. I hit a brick wall about 2 years ago where I couldnt lose anything no matter what I did. I am 5'6 and currently weigh 180 lbs. I have a very small frame, so a healthy weight goal for me is 140 and i'll re-*kitten* once I reach that goal. I'm another one that goes in spurts. I'll get really motivated and eat right and exercise for a few weeks then when the scale doesnt move I give up. I know if I can power through and not give up the weight HAS to come off eventually! Thats why I joined this group, I need to check in with other people who will not allow me to feed myself the lame excuses I've been using for the past 2 years.

Forgot to mention: my wedding is April 12, 2014. My wedding dress is in and it fits like a glove, but I am self conscious about the back fat that spills out. I also dont mind if I have to pay to have the dress taken in... in fact, thats my goal haha!

If all of us are dedicated to really becoming healthy and staying motivated, could we each take a week and be the "motivator/moderator"? that way all the work doesnt fall all on one person and the group doesnt fall apart if the main person gets overwhelmed! what do you guys think?
  • jessifastcar
    Options
    Hey Guys!

I'm Jess, Jessylouise on WB.

SO and I are currently going to a Personal Trainer 2-3 times p/w. I am 5'4" and would like to weigh approx 110-120lbs. I have lost weight before I was at 160 and am currently around 132. We are going to Bali in a couple of weeks for our 4 year anniversary, so would like to be bikini ready ASAP.. summer's coming up very soon too.
  • e1221w
    Options
    Hi bees! I am notevenclose on the bee :) I am so excited to have accountability with people on here :) I have lost 48 pounds so far, I started tracking on here when I hit a plateau and then slacked off for awhile and did not track at all. I am hoping coming back on will help.

I have really bumped up my exercising and running so I h ave to remember to increase my calories on those days which is really hard for me.

I looked forward to our weight loss journey together!!!
  • Olympia_WB
    Olympia_WB Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Bees! I'm Olympia over on WB (where I mostly hang out on the Waiting boards).

I put 5 lbs as my weight loss goal, but my real problem is that I noticed my pants starting to feel tight and I wanted to nip it in the bud! I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but I do have a lot of bad habits to overcome. My exercise consists of one or two yoga classes a month and some walking around the city. I eat out pretty much all the time and have a major sweet tooth!

I'm not even sure where to start, but I'm looking forward to receiving and dishing out some accountability!
  • l_bud
    l_bud Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi ladies!

With t-10 months to my wedding, I thought I better kick it into high-gear. I recently started checking out the Wedding Bee boards for inspiration and thought this would be a great group to join!

I recently purchased my wedding dress (yay!) but I was in between sizes so the consultant ordered me the smaller size -- now I just need to lose a few pounds to make sure I fit into it! I'd like to lose between 10 to 15 pounds before my wedding and tone up these arms of mine.

-L.
  • Omen_Alexia
    Omen_Alexia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi every! I'm Alexia (AlexiaMichelle on wb) and I'm pretty new to that site, but have been on MFP for awhile.

I also am guilty of going in spurts, mainly because I HATE working out and I'm pretty busty, sogetting into workout clothes that actually hold the girls in place (my regular bra+two sports bras+an actual shirt) is such a pain that I just don't want to do it >.< But I need to!

My goal it to get down to 110 by the wedding (which I'm estimating at about May 2015 since the SO and I are starting to engagement ring shop) and to lose AS MUCH AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE before the engagement while still doing it in a healthy way.. 110 is less than I can ever remember weighing. The smallest I remember being is 130, and I still felt a bit chunky then (I'm 5'0).

I have the 30 Day Shred, and am going to be starting it up again soon, probably on Saturday so that being tired from work is not an excuse to avoid getting started. If anyone wants to start it together, message me.
  • ohhbitty
    ohhbitty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey bees!

I'm fairly new to the bee, (blushing bee). Still waiting on the proposal but I think its coming up soon!!

So background for me: I moved back to my hometown in Michigan after living in Vegas for 4 years. Doing so, I gained about 20 lbs in the past year.. UGH WORST THING EVER. I guess its because I was finally happy and could afford to eat again.. lol.

So recently my S/O started working out and it got me really cranky.. I guess because my insecurities started coming out. I'm a full-time student and full-time job so I have no time but I realized I need to get my butt in check.. Be happy for my guy and start being happy about myself again.

My goal: 20 lbs, ultimately by summer (July)
    My "The Right Now" goal: To find muscle definition in my legs and arms by Christmas and start to eat better.
  • nursesusiee
    nursesusiee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!!!

You all know me as chic_and_fabulous on the boards. I'm already in good shape, I just want to lose maybe 3lbs and really tone, tone, tone! I'd like to do a NPC bikini competition, but I'm too scared too so far :) I've ran 10 half marathons and have done some personal training in the past, but it's easy to get off track. I'm not engaged yet, but hopefully soon!!!!
  • SarahEGB
    Options
    What weight training do you ladies do? I really need some leg and ab sculpting help. I don't have a lot of fat, but also have zero muscle. I stupidly want to look good by spring to do a boudoir shoot!
  • AlexK2013
    Options
    I use a lot of weights in my workouts, but not so much for legs or abs. I do a lot of shoulder & chest presses and chest flies. I may be a little soft around the middle but my arms are toned! I was so happy with them on my wedding day, hahaha.

I highly highly recommend pushups. They toned my arms and worked my abs like crazy. I started out only being about to do like 7 and now I can do like 75! I used onehundredpushups.com and I loved it.

I also do Ab Ripper X from P90x. Once it got too easy I put some ankle weights on to make it more of a challenge. I just look up the video on YouTube (I don't own P90x).

If you haven't gone to Bodyrock.tv the website has a TON of workouts.

And lastly my goal is to be able to do this entire routine... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stdb6acajX4
    Right now I can do like 10 seconds of it LOL
  • allieallieoxenfree
    allieallieoxenfree Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Holy moly, that video was intense!! Haha, I was watching along thinking, "Okay, I could do that... okay, I could do that if I worked on it for a little while..." and then they got to the pulsing/Pilates planks, and I was like: O.o nope!!

Sarah, I use weight machines at the gym and have two sets of handweights at home--FI has shown me some different moves to do at home with my weights like lunges, squats, rows, etc. I pretty much hate doing abs, but I will do bicycle crunches and side planks when I feel like forcing myself.

Also, sprints are a great way to tone up! For me, I get sore all over my back, obliques, and arms when I sprint, because I'm really tightening my core and using my arms (in addition to my legs, of course).

Oh, and FI and I will sometimes do this stupid thing where we go to the park and each pick an exercise for us to do for 45 seconds, and then switch off coming up with the exercise. Like, I'll say 45 seconds skipping, he'll say 45 seconds burpees, I'll say 45 seconds leapfrog, whatever. We mix it up and try to make each other laugh by coming up with weird things to do--last time FI had us do 45 seconds of running at each other and jumping up and bumping chests. It was so embarrassing to be doing this in the park in the middle of the city, lol.
  • lindseyreich
    lindseyreich Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Lindsey (Lulu3535 on the bee). I have never been very active (think little girl reading a book at recess). I was never heavy, but never thin, either (avg 145 lbs and 5' 7"). I hated that I was the heaviest of my friends, and often tried losing weight but nothing stuck.

Then, after college, my boyfriend and I gained some weight (10 pounds for me) and that was the last straw. We started recording what we ate and using our Wii Fit regularly, as well as making an effort to get outside more.

Over a few months, we managed to lose 50 lbs between us (30 for me). Well, I started slacking off and now I've gained almost half of that back. I want to get down to the weight I was...or, better yet, actually get some muscle!

Ultimately, I've started to look a little doughy again, and I want to get rid of it by April 6, 2014!