Form check, low bar squats

Options
dixoncrew
dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
I posted this in the form check thread but it seemed pretty dead so I figured I'd post it here too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvpRkX5Lf7g&feature=youtu.be

Replies

• Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    It keeps telling me invalid video id. although that might be because i'm on my phone.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    To be fair you only posted 2 hours ago and the yanks are probably only just finishing work.. I'm on him with limited access and too new to be very confident in my opinion! I'm sure you will get some feedback soon :-)
  • dixoncrew
    Options
    Bump
  • Fittreelol
    Options
    On my computer and it's still not loading for me. None of your videos will load actually = <
  • dixoncrew
    Options
    I think the link might be bad, try this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvpRkX5Lf7g
  • Fittreelol
    Options
    Actually that didn't work either, but I tried it in FF instead of Chrome and it worked there. Go figure.

They actually look really good, but a few nit picky things. It's hard to tell because you're at an angle, well the camera is- you got to parallel the first rep, but it looks like it could be a hair short on subsequent reps I'm too lazy to go frame by frame for the rest :wink: . Make sure your knees are getting pushed out. I couldn't really see what they were doing, but they weren't super obviously caving in or anything. Make sure you keep your chest up. You keep looking down which can lead to your chest leaning down. It's not doing it more than a smidge yet, but it might do it more at higher weights. I actually look up while I squat while keeping my head in a neutral position, but everyone is different.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Yes, you look as though you aren't quite there - your parallel needs to be the top of your thighs not the bottom of them (think of hip bone being slightly below patella). Also you aren't using the thumbless grip (where the thumb goes over the top of the bar) - this might help your wrist angle.

The weight looked easy though!
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Not the best angle but it looks short of parallel to me but only slightly. Watch out as you are getting your hips to a certain point and then lowering your back moving the bar path out of line. Although you were OK at this weight once they start getting heavy you will end up squat-morning.

Try widening your stance a little so you are around shoulder width apart and turn toes out a little and keep looking forward to keep your chest up.