Pasta Marinara

Options
kariduane
kariduane Posts: 27 Member
Hi Healthy Holiday crew!
I am so excited that so many of you have found myfitness pal and this forum. At the kick off meeting last night I talked about the dinner I prepared before the meeting. Many of you emailed and asked for the name of the noodle (made from artichokes). My kids could not tell the difference...believe me! Though the noodles still have a fairly high carb to protein ratio, combining them with a ground turkey marinara sauce makes the perfect meal! Delicious! Try it and let me know how you like it. Nothing is better than good ole spaghetti and meatballs (or meat sauce) as comfort food during the fall. This time it's metabolic efficiency style!

Pasta Marinara
1 lb ground turkey (you can use half turkey and half lean hamburger if you prefer)
1 diced yellow onion
2 minced cloves of garlic
1 tbsp pepper
1/2 tsp virgin olive oil
pepper to taste
1 jar marinara sauce
1 pkg De Boles Spaghetti Style Pasta (Jerusalem artichoke inulin)
(You can use some regular pasta noodles as well if you want to slowly integrate your family)

In a pan combine the 1/2 tsp virgin olive oil, ground turkey (you can use tofu as well or a soy based meat product), onion, garlic and pepper. Cook until browned. ***It is important to note that if your meat is as lean as it should be you will probably need a hint of olive oil to cook it stove top. Otherwise it can really adhere to even a non stick pan. ***Add the marinara sauce to the browned meat and prepare pasta noodles per package instructions. Top with a dash of parmesan cheese and enjoy!

Replies