Check In

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
Well this wasn't what I was hoping for when I created this group. There are quite a few members but there are only maybe 5 or so people that were active for a very short time. I hope everyone is doing well!! But I am considering closing this group since nobody is interested in participating in anything. It's hard for me to think of things to engage anyone if nobody responds..such as the fitness or health challenges I had started.

Let me know your thoughts....

Replies

• katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    no...don't do that...sorry I've been away. Finally got a doctor's appointment Monday - just need the courage to stand up to him and not take everything he says as fact just because he is a doctor.

Still not sleeping for crap most nights...thats my biggest problem right not that I can easily identify and the always being super cold.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    No need to apologize!! Glad you got an appt. :) I had to write things down that I wanted to say and actually rehearse with myself before my appts to get used to saying what I wanted. Silly..but it worked for me. Keep in mind he works FOR you. You are paying him for his services, if you don't like the services rendered - FIRE HIM!! ^_^
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Dont worry you dont have to carry topics. I imagine everyone is busy working hard on achieving their goals. Over time more will find this place and have somewhere to turn to to ask questions, get support or just vent. The regular forums arent much help usually as people can be rather judgemental on MFP boards. This is a nice place where we dont have to hide and can be honest with each other and truely understand and appreciate each others achievments
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Dont worry you dont have to carry topics. I imagine everyone is busy working hard on achieving their goals. Over time more will find this place and have somewhere to turn to to ask questions, get support or just vent. The regular forums arent much help usually as people can be rather judgemental on MFP boards. This is a nice place where we dont have to hide and can be honest with each other and truely understand and appreciate each others achievments

This is true. I just like to be engaging and see people conversate and be friendly is all. :)
  • Grumpsandwich
    Options
    Completely understandable :D I personally have never been so "into " my diet n exercise before and i am just a house wife. I cant imagine how those who work full time manage to get everything crammed into such a small day! It must be exhausting! I get up, take my empty stomach meds, Make breakfast,, clean the house, do morning yoga, do more chores, Lunch, full stomach meds lol. Then my dancing cardio or eliptical. Shower then start prep for dinner. Clean up dinner, 10 minutes of a cool down yoga to unwind from the day. (meanwhile sneaking back to pc to mfp journal every calorie ect so i dont forget lol )Make my husband look at my butt at least 3 times since he has been home ( gotta do this cause ive had a pancake butt for 20 yrs lol). Pick up the family's mess then head to bed and i fall asleep immediately! HOW do you working girls manage! ^5 and you have my admiration :D
  • katscoots
    Options
    Good points...thanks...he works for me, he works for me, HE works FOR ME....got it
  • Grumpsandwich
    Options
    ?
    That reads really rudely, and yes he DOES work for me as well as his children, he provides and cares for us because he LOVES us. I dont see how thats all you can pick up out of that post. Keep your issues to yourself and dont judge me on mine. You dont know me :D luck to you and yours what ever they may be.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    She was responding to my comments reminding her that her Dr works for her. She wasn't being rude to you. No worries! <3
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Completely understandable :D I personally have never been so "into " my diet n exercise before and i am just a house wife. I cant imagine how those who work full time manage to get everything crammed into such a small day! It must be exhausting! I get up, take my empty stomach meds, Make breakfast,, clean the house, do morning yoga, do more chores, Lunch, full stomach meds lol. Then my dancing cardio or eliptical. Shower then start prep for dinner. Clean up dinner, 10 minutes of a cool down yoga to unwind from the day. (meanwhile sneaking back to pc to mfp journal every calorie ect so i dont forget lol )Make my husband look at my butt at least 3 times since he has been home ( gotta do this cause ive had a pancake butt for 20 yrs lol). Pick up the family's mess then head to bed and i fall asleep immediately! HOW do you working girls manage! ^5 and you have my admiration :D

I have moments I wish I could be a house wife <3 I'd love to have a family to care for. I am turning 29 in 2 days and broke up with my bf of almost 4 years twice within the last 6 months and I feel pretty alone and somewhat like a failure. My dog died in September, and my "best friend" broke up with me not long after my bf left me for the 2nd time. I've had a very rough past 6 months, but I feel like it was a big test because things are on the verge of exploding for me on the career front which is exciting. But I'm still lonely :(. And I'm actually scared I won't be able to have any kids if I want to get really honest. I've never had a "scare"..and with Hashi's, I know the chances of being infertile are pretty high. So needless to say I am not looking forward to my birthday this year.
  • Grumpsandwich
    Options
    WHEW good :D Its hard to tell on these boards as well just read the forums and you know why.My apologies as it came right after what i had written my eyes went O.O

You really have had alot of bad luck this year! Hugs sista. Its not so much fun being a house wife. it becomes brain numbing madness at times. I used to work a pretty demanding job and it took its toll and now days just blend together. ( And sorry for the outburst up there, I actually have a sister in law who does say stuff like that because i dont work now so its close to home)

I hope everything looks up for you soon. I wouldn't dare demean your feelings by giving empty words. You have been kind, helpful and funny to me and crossing my fingers for you! Regardless of my derp factor I am usually about if you just want an ear or a shoulder
  • katscoots
    Options
    ?
    That reads really rudely, and yes he DOES work for me as well as his children, he provides and cares for us because he LOVES us. I dont see how thats all you can pick up out of that post. Keep your issues to yourself and dont judge me on mine. You dont know me :D luck to you and yours what ever they may be.

Oh whoa - no totally not at you, sorry for the miscommunication...I get the quote and reply thing mixed up...was replying to RoseTears...my bad....
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    WHEW good :D Its hard to tell on these boards as well just read the forums and you know why.My apologies as it came right after what i had written my eyes went O.O

You really have had alot of bad luck this year! Hugs sista. Its not so much fun being a house wife. it becomes brain numbing madness at times. I used to work a pretty demanding job and it took its toll and now days just blend together. ( And sorry for the outburst up there, I actually have a sister in law who does say stuff like that because i dont work now so its close to home)

I hope everything looks up for you soon. I wouldn't dare demean your feelings by giving empty words. You have been kind, helpful and funny to me and crossing my fingers for you! Regardless of my derp factor I am usually about if you just want an ear or a shoulder

<3 I understand. Stuff like that can hit close to home if you are used to having someone "close to you" make horrible comments like that. I'm sorry your SIL does that, that's horrible. >_<

And yes, life has been very tough the last half a year, but I truly believe it was all to test me as things are finally looking up. And it helps when I can connect with others that support me...even if only online. I have such a hard time opening up to people and trusting anyone, so making friends are far and few between. So thanks for listening :)
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Well this wasn't what I was hoping for when I created this group. There are quite a few members but there are only maybe 5 or so people that were active for a very short time. I hope everyone is doing well!! But I am considering closing this group since nobody is interested in participating in anything. It's hard for me to think of things to engage anyone if nobody responds..such as the fitness or health challenges I had started.

Have you thought of starting a FB group?
    It could be a parallel to this group. I know that I forget to check in on the groups on here, because when I do check in every day, it's usually been dead.
  • crunchybubblez
    Options

How do you manage to do all that! ????
    Is it because your thyroid is in check?
    I wake up, TRY to get out of bed. If I can barely walk I pee and get right back in bed.
    If I can walk I make breakfast for everyone if they haven't eaten, and try to catch up on dishes, laundry, picking up toys...
    after a bit I get into a very hot tub of water and soak until the hot water is gone. Then I make lunch for the kids,
    I'll try to take them to the park or go run errands to get them out of the house. Then back home, give the kids a bath, give them a snack, and I'm back in a hot bath. Try to catch up on more chores and laundry.
    Sometimes if I'm exhausted I'll fall asleep when putting my 3yr old down for a nap.
    Unless I'm having a good day my husband picks up dinner on the way home.
    By then I'm usually done, and I've discovered a glass or 2 of wine really helps with the pain.
    I try to only buy 1 bottle a month, 2 max so I don't become a wino.
    Then off to bed, and if I'm hurting I'm usually up all night.
  • RoseTears143
    Options

Have you thought of starting a FB group?
    It could be a parallel to this group. I know that I forget to check in on the groups on here, because when I do check in every day, it's usually been dead.

I did think about it, but figured it would just die like this one. Open poll - would anyone like to join a group on FB that coincides with this one? I'll create one, but I want to make sure people will participate! :) I know there are tons of support groups already on FB
  • samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Oh I just saw this I am one of the guilty ones who joined and dont log/check in regularly because a) I have little kids and a full time job and b) you can't access the group from your phone which is how I mostly log into MFP.

Please dont take the group away. I much appreciate having a safe place to come and vent to people that completely understand what I am going through!
  • samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    oh yeah and about the question on FB - I don't 'do' facebook and would be very sad if you guys started hanging out there instead and this board died!
  • Grumpsandwich
    Options
    How do you manage to do all that! ????
    Is it because your thyroid is in check?
    I wake up, TRY to get out of bed. If I can barely walk I pee and get right back in bed.
    If I can walk I make breakfast for everyone if they haven't eaten, and try to catch up on dishes, laundry, picking up toys...
    after a bit I get into a very hot tub of water and soak until the hot water is gone. Then I make lunch for the kids,
    I'll try to take them to the park or go run errands to get them out of the house. Then back home, give the kids a bath, give them a snack, and I'm back in a hot bath. Try to catch up on more chores and laundry.
    Sometimes if I'm exhausted I'll fall asleep when putting my 3yr old down for a nap.
    Unless I'm having a good day my husband picks up dinner on the way home.
    By then I'm usually done, and I've discovered a glass or 2 of wine really helps with the pain.
    I try to only buy 1 bottle a month, 2 max so I don't become a wino.
    Then off to bed, and if I'm hurting I'm usually up all night.
    [/quote]

My thyroid has been pretty balanced for a few years now. Soon as i start to feel the change i go to the doc right away n ask for a lab script to get it sorted. The big difference for me lately has been foods and vitamins. It took a while but over the last 5 mos ive had a steady increase in energy. On days i eat a lot of fatty foods i find the next day im more sluggish, tired, moody ect. My days were pretty similar to yours when i was younger and my son was little. All i ever wanted to do was sleep, take a hot bath. Struggle to keep house and relied on my husband ALOT for helping around the house. It will get better as long as you stay on top of it. Dont be afraid to find new doctors if they arent helping you and being compassionate towards your needs but also remember it will take awhile before you get your balanced dose. Its ALOT of trial an error.
  • crunchybubblez
    Options

My thyroid has been pretty balanced for a few years now. Soon as i start to feel the change i go to the doc right away n ask for a lab script to get it sorted. The big difference for me lately has been foods and vitamins. It took a while but over the last 5 mos ive had a steady increase in energy. On days i eat a lot of fatty foods i find the next day im more sluggish, tired, moody ect. My days were pretty similar to yours when i was younger and my son was little. All i ever wanted to do was sleep, take a hot bath. Struggle to keep house and relied on my husband ALOT for helping around the house. It will get better as long as you stay on top of it. Dont be afraid to find new doctors if they arent helping you and being compassionate towards your needs but also remember it will take awhile before you get your balanced dose. Its ALOT of trial an error.

Thank you so much!
    It's very reassuring to hear that I'm not stuck like this,
    and now know what to look forward to.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Oh I just saw this I am one of the guilty ones who joined and dont log/check in regularly because a) I have little kids and a full time job and b) you can't access the group from your phone which is how I mostly log into MFP.

Please dont take the group away. I much appreciate having a safe place to come and vent to people that completely understand what I am going through!

Thanks for your input! I won't delete this group if I made a FB group :) I want you guys to have a safe haven to vent and rejoice in mini successes!!