How to respond to the question "why are you single?"

Options
2»

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I like! I decided to venture out online - and I keep getting guys who are 20-25 (I'm 35). Where are the 30-40 yr old men???

Same issue here.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    According to all of my past break-ups (where I'm the dumpee), it's not me, it's him.

I'm just gonna go with that.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Been in two relationships in my life, 7 and 3 years. They were previously friends so I don't feel like I've ever really 'dated'. The two long terms ended up with serious substance abuse issues over time. I did go on one date a few months ago, but the guy turned into a psycho. I blocked his number, but some update on my phone still lets me know he still tries to call daily.

I apparently only attract psychotic Scorpios.

My life is easier without men right now. Lol.
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I like! I decided to venture out online - and I keep getting guys who are 20-25 (I'm 35). Where are the 30-40 yr old men???

Same issue here.

I get either 20-25 year olds or 50+ :sad:
    I am 36.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Tried POF. Got positive feedback from 250+lbs late 40s-50somethings, otherwise completely ignored.
    I'm 39. Gave it up. When nobody's buying, what's the point in selling? :laugh:
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My typical answer to this obnoxious question is, "Cause I'm fat... but I'm working on it :)" and they back off. My parents friends ask it ALL the time. "You have such a pretty face and a good personality...." Thanks for beating around the bush about me being fat, so I'll just be the one to say it out loud :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Tried POF. Got positive feedback from 250+lbs late 40s-50somethings, otherwise completely ignored.

there may be "plenty of fish" in the sea, but in this particular lake a.k.a dating site there aren't many keepers :laugh:
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options

there may be "plenty of fish" in the sea, but in this particular lake a.k.a dating site there aren't many keepers :laugh:

:laugh: