What motivates you more then the next person!?

Tell me what makes you more motivated and more focused then anyone else? Please share:grumble:

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    I've always been a goal oriented person. When I set a goal for myself, I don't stop until I get it or until I realize that it's not for me (not due to laziness, but just things that come up.... I can't swim very well, so my childhood dream of being an Olympic diver wasn't going to pan out).

Weight loss and fitness has been something I've been wanting for myself for a couple of years. I tried, but I didn't have much success because I know now that then I didn't know what I was doing. Since signing up for MFP, I've lost 33 pounds and am in the best shape I've ever been in. But that's not good enough for me... ohhh no. Every day is a competition with myself. If I slack off one day, I have no one to answer to but myself. I'm my biggest critic and I'm tougher on myself than anyone else, so having myself to answer to is enough to make me keep going.

Plus, I want that free Insanity t-shirt. :wink:
  • Well said! You're on your way towards that Insanity shirt Bookworm.Motivation is the key to success! If your as tough as you say you are,prove it! Welcome to the Fitness Mafia! :wink:
  • trainerwannabe
    trainerwannabe Posts: 28 Member
    1) I am DONE with being overweight and feeling like crap all the time - it's not really living, it`s barely surviving!

2) During my last doctor's appointment I heard two things a) Irreversible damage and b) losing weight is really difficult.

Well, screw it! In my case, there is NOTHING harder than being 100 pounds overweight. So I signed up for the gym (working out 3x/week) and eating 1200-1400 calories/day. In 2 months I have dropped 17 pounds and I am not ever looking back.

I am really looking forward to being a part of this group.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Trainer, it sounds like you're off to a good start. Hang in there and don't let anyone, not even yourself, tell you that you can't do it. Go get it!
  • trainerwannabe
    trainerwannabe Posts: 28 Member
    Thanks Bookworm! I appreciate the reply. My mind has been so resolved to losing weight that so far everything is going really well. I'm looking forward to seeing more loss.