Now that I ran my first marathon....

Options
UrbanRunner81
UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
I think I may become addicted. It was hard... harder than I thought it would be. I knew it wouldn't be easy. I wanted to be under 5 hours and I didn't make that goal... but I am glad I finished because at mile 18 through 22 I wanted to give. I finished in 5:15.

I didn't feel as bad as I thought I would the next day. I was sore, but I was able to walk around pretty easily.

Anyway I am registered for my 2nd, Pittsburgh Marathon May 4! I actually signed up before I completed my first. ha!

I'd love to add some marathon experienced friends to my friends list, too.

Replies

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I just did my 4th marathon. Add me if you wish.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    Great feeling isn't i?

I've only just recently done my first, but am already scoping out others. Please feel free to add me. That goes for any other runner types I'm not already stalking :)

pete
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed! I just ran my first full last Sunday (Marine Corps Marathon) and I can't say that I'll ever try that again. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done (and that includes childbirth!!). There's a little part of me that is dissatisfied because I was 10 min slower than I wanted to be. But, I was in agony for 2.5 days after the race. I'm just getting to my 2nd post race run in a few moments.

I hear the Pittsburgh races are challenging....somewhat hilly. My hat's off to you!! I hope you have a fantastic 2nd marathon. Posts like yours are sure to push me back towards running another full before too long! LOL!!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I think I may become addicted. It was hard... harder than I thought it would be. I knew it wouldn't be easy. I wanted to be under 5 hours and I didn't make that goal... but I am glad I finished because at mile 18 through 22 I wanted to give. I finished in 5:15.

I didn't feel as bad as I thought I would the next day. I was sore, but I was able to walk around pretty easily.

Anyway I am registered for my 2nd, Pittsburgh Marathon May 4! I actually signed up before I completed my first. ha!

I'd love to add some marathon experienced friends to my friends list, too.

I shall be at the Pittsburgh Marathon as well, but doing the half. Congrats on your accomplishment!
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your finish! I've done 9 marathons and still don't think I've quite gotten it right. I guess I'll have to do another one!
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Well done.

Working on my weekly base mileage and speed. Looking forward to my first official half and full next year. I am a huge fan of Pittsburgh...might check it out.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!

I'm planning on doing my first full October 2014. I'm still a bit scared of that distance… But post like yours makes me want to do it !!! :)
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing your first. I have heard good things about Pittsburgh Marathon.
  • amandamurdaugh
    amandamurdaugh Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted as well! I'll be doing my 5th marathon in Tucson, 5 weeks from today. Feel free to add me.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I did 3 marathons this year (May, September and October) and have my 4th scheduled for April '14. During that first one, I definitely thought I would never, ever do it again - but after a week or so, the tough parts faded from memory and I generally felt OK, so I went ahead and signed up for more. :-)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I finished #6 on Saturday.

Now, to plan lucky #7...
  • eaglefish
    eaglefish Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Running my 3rd half this spring.. Have not done a full yet. Just don't have my head around that distance yet. How many half's did you run before doing a full?

Add me if you want...
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I did the Cincinnati Flying Pig, my first, this spring and didn't think I would ever do another one. Now I am getting the bug and am considering Pittsburgh (my hometown) for the spring.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Congrats.

I'm planning my first full for June '14, some days I feel excited at that thought, other days I feel like there is a pit in my stomach.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just finished my 3rd on Sunday and I think I am hooked too. My first was Harrisburg PA 11/11/2012, second SF 6/17/2013, third NYC 11/03/2013.

I also signed up for my second before I finished my first. I loved training and knew I wanted to run my hometown marathon. I am still weighing my options for 2014 but am leaning heavily towards Chicago in October and this might be too crazy but NYC again in November since I've already earned guaranteed entry for 2014.

Fell free to add me. I also run close to your pace. My times were 4:50, 5:04, 5:03
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Running my 3rd half this spring.. Have not done a full yet. Just don't have my head around that distance yet. How many half's did you run before doing a full?

Add me if you want...

I did 5 halves. The last one I did was apart of marathon training.

Thanks everyone! :)
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    It's such a wonderful feeling, getting that first marathon done!

I ran my first in October 2011, and I'm running my second one this December, then the Big Sur International Marathon in April, a week after my birthday :) This sounds crazy, but I'm already eyeballing the San Francisco Marathon in July after that. It's just a lot of fun!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I have done 1 full, and I don't think I prepared enough for it so I signed up for 2 more to see if I can redeem myself. CORRECTION: I :happy: signed up for one of them 'before' the first full, but it is a 'just for fun' marathon (Disney). I signed up for the 2nd for redemption! It will be in June! And I will be ready!!!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    It's such a wonderful feeling, getting that first marathon done!

I ran my first in October 2011, and I'm running my second one this December, then the Big Sur International Marathon in April, a week after my birthday :) This sounds crazy, but I'm already eyeballing the San Francisco Marathon in July after that. It's just a lot of fun!

I ran the SF Marathon this year and it was AMAZING! I love SF!