Medals.....

Options
2»

Replies

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I'm not super fast by any means, just one of the faster runners in my age group which sometimes results in an award.

Award medals I keep, for sure!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I bought some cheap hook and rails from Ikea, installed them in my kitchen high up on the walls and hang my medals from the hooks. The hooks and rails are white and blend in with my walls which I prefer to the big heavy medal racks that they sell at the marathon expos. The "race medal holders" just aren't my style.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I only have 2, but they are currently hanging on the corner of the mirror in my bedroom.

I want to frame my HM finisher medal and my bib in a shadow box and display it somewhere, because it was my first HM and I still feel great pride from what I accomplished.

It's odd because I have a plaque of medals from my competitive highland dancing days, hanging at my parents' house, and I feel sort of like "meh" about it, like I didn't really earn those awards maybe because I didn't start the activity by choice...but, totally going off topic.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hey, while we are on medals....

Is the Masters class generally considered 40+? Had a crazy experience this weekend. I was the fifth woman to cross the finish line(very small race) and they gave 3 overall female awards, the 4th woman was in her 40's and got the first place masters award. I don't know why they gave out 2nd and 3rd place masters because it was so small but regardless, I was pulled from my age group award for the 2nd place masters... This event, although small was managed by a local timing company that has the monitors at the race to post results and you can print out your results. So it was all done by a computer in terms of awards. So my question is, doesn't masters generally start at 40 years old? I'm 36(and yes my age was listed correctly in their system) so I didn't think I qualified for that award and should have gotten first in my age group. I realize a masters award is better than age group but I didn't realize I qualified...

The rest of the story is they didn't have a 2nd and 3rd place master award made up(their mistake) so when I went up to get my award, I was told there was none!!!! They are making it for me and sending it to me but you can imagine the high of going up to get the award, having my husband posed with the camera, and then hearing "Sorry, we don't have an award for you." I am new to races so I was really excited... Haha.

Anybody have any crazy stories like this?
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I have two baskets full of stuff that I need to put into my scrapbook and all the medals are currently in there. I have a couple of runs planned for next year that I'm really excited about. They are both Disney runs and if you do both the Tinkerbell and the Princess runs you can grab a really nice Coast to Coast medal. Plus, there are some nice challenge medals that I'll pick up as well. I will get a display case for those. I need something else for these others that I have.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Is the Masters class generally considered 40+?

Yes, Masters class is 40+. I've never seen it anything else unless there are Super Master or Grand Masters (not Grand Master Flash).
  • jturnerx
    jturnerx Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My medals are hanging off the bar on my squat rack. I've run out of room on the bar and need a new squat rack. ;) You can see my squat rack gets a lot of use. lol
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I have two large totes full of trophies and medals. I always mean to donate them, but I never get around to it.
    They're sitting in my spare bedroom closet right now.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Is the Masters class generally considered 40+?

Yes, Masters class is 40+. I've never seen it anything else unless there are Super Master or Grand Masters (not Grand Master Flash).

Thats what I thought. Strange. As they used a timing company that does several races in my area including large ones. I assume it was a glitch in their computer program. The other mistake was giving out an award they didn't have made up.