Season 4 - Ep. 5 - "Internment" - 11/10/13

Options

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Lizzie is creepy. I don't believe she's really sick. She's faking it. She's probably the healthiest sick person in quarantine. Why was she dipping her toes in Glenn's blood on the floor? That grossed me out more than anything else in the episode.
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i wonder if the gov was the one that hacked off that girls leg off when they were out getting supplies? she was being eaten quite a distance from the leg so i doubt the zombies did it

that bothered me so much, too. like how on earth did her leg end up there and her body was all the way across the street. did she hobble all the way over there?? if so, how did her leg exactly fall off??
    I doubt the Governor would go through the trouble of cutting off her leg and then leaving (not even taking her apples or anything), though.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Probably the best episode thus fair. Scott Wilson stole the episode and just completely owned it.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i wonder if the gov was the one that hacked off that girls leg off when they were out getting supplies? she was being eaten quite a distance from the leg so i doubt the zombies did it

that bothered me so much, too. like how on earth did her leg end up there and her body was all the way across the street. did she hobble all the way over there?? if so, how did her leg exactly fall off??
    I doubt the Governor would go through the trouble of cutting off her leg and then leaving (not even taking her apples or anything), though.

I hadn't even thought about that!! But I think someone mentioned in the thread for that episode that it did look like her leg was cut off as opposed to being gnawed off. I think the Governor is past looking for food. He wants revenge for everything he's lost.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Probably the best episode thus fair. Scott Wilson stole the episode and just completely owned it.

I agree this was definitely Herschel's episode to shine. Although even though I'm not a big fan of Carl I think he turned into a little bad *kitten* this episode too.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Also just another thought...if the Governor was able to get that close to the prison undetected maybe it was him that was feeding the zombies all along.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Also just another thought...if the Governor was able to get that close to the prison undetected maybe it was him that was feeding the zombies all along.

Probably. He likely saw them using openings in the fence and opened one of those at night to get inside and feed the walkers from the other side.

Does anyone know if it's ok to have automatic weapons exposed to the elements like the way they had it?
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

Probably. He likely saw them using openings in the fence and opened one of those at night to get inside and feed the walkers from the other side.

Does anyone know if it's ok to have automatic weapons exposed to the elements like the way they had it?

It was the ABSOLUTE worse place to store those guns. Obviously the Governor is creeping around undetected and could have easily cleared out all of their weapons.. And who knows what other people might stumble upon the prison and do the same thing.
  • strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Yeah, that was kind of silly to me. As a rule, moisture is to be avoided with firearms. Gun oil doesn't exist to simply lubricate operation, it's to protect against corrosion, the same as you would for a carbon steel knife, for instance.

The guns and ammunition just hanging out on that table, exposed to the elements, was a breach of my "suspension of disbelief" while watching the show. Generally, I accept the unrealistic happenings in the show, the poor weapons handling on display by actors (which occurs in most movies and tv), and such. But that was just outrageous. No cop like Rick, or anyone with common sense would store their weapons like that in real life, zombie apocalypse or not.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks that The Governor might not be a totally bad guy when he comes back? I mean, they actually managed to redeem Merle to the point where I was kinda rooting for him, which I never thought in a million years I would do. But then, I'm a sucker for redemption stories, so maybe I just am hoping for it.
    Either way, I'm glad to see him back!!!

Yes, you are the only one...lol, but probably not. I don't think anyone still liked Merle. The only one he was good or loyal to was Darryl. I agree w/others who say that the Governor will probably be even worse, because they destroyed his little kingdom.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options

I agree this was definitely Herschel's episode to shine. Although even though I'm not a big fan of Carl I think he turned into a little bad *kitten* this episode too.

Seriously, Carl was legit in this episode. I loved the reference in Talking Dead of Carl being the "John Connor" of the Zombie Apocalypse!!!
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    IMO, Carl has been a little bad@$$ since he took his mama out. That boy is one of the most-level headed characters on the show. And I resented Herschel & Rick when they treated him as if he was a cold-blooded killer after shooting that kid from the governer's little "army." At that point in the show too many incidents had happened involving putting trust in strangers. That kid was told several times to drop his weapon, he hesitated, and his eyes were darting back and forth as if he was trying to decide what to do. There was no more time to wait. If Carl hadn't shot him, he might have pulled HIS trigger. Carl absolutely did the right thing by taking that kid out. Carl has hardened up a bit, but given his age and circumstances, that's to be expected. Here you have Rick, who lost his d@mn mind after Laurie died but yet Carl was the one who had to kill her. Herschel, who took forever to even except the fact that zombies are zombies, not people... Glenn and Maggie who are more interested in doing the horizontal tango than paying attention to their surroundings, Andrea who was so mesmerized by the Governer's junk that she couldn't take him out when she had a perfect opportunity to and now she's DEAD, and you even have the one guy who risked his life for a bottle of liqour. Carl deserves way more credit. He has his *kitten* way more together than 80% of the adults on the show.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    IMO, Carl has been a little bad@$$ since he took his mama out. That boy is one of the most-level headed characters on the show. And I resented Herschel & Rick when they treated him as if he was a cold-blooded killer after shooting that kid from the governer's little "army." At that point in the show too many incidents had happened involving putting trust in strangers. That kid was told several times to drop his weapon, he hesitated, and his eyes were darting back and forth as if he was trying to decide what to do. There was no more time to wait. If Carl hadn't shot him, he might have pulled HIS trigger. Carl absolutely did the right thing by taking that kid out. Carl has hardened up a bit, but given his age and circumstances, that's to be expected. Here you have Rick, who lost his d@mn mind after Laurie died but yet Carl was the one who had to kill her. Herschel, who took forever to even except the fact that zombies are zombies, not people... Glenn and Maggie who are more interested in doing the horizontal tango than paying attention to their surroundings, Andrea who was so mesmerized by the Governer's junk that she couldn't take him out when she had a perfect opportunity to and now she's DEAD, and you even have the one guy who risked his life for a bottle of liqour. Carl deserves way more credit. He has his *kitten* way more together than 80% of the adults on the show.

You hit the nail on the head!! It's completely unfair to expect Carl to help mow down a pack of zombie one second and then go right back to being a kid the next second.
  • BuffyLynnDuffy
    BuffyLynnDuffy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how Michonne and Daryl are out there looking for the governor so often and he is right in the woods with 3 tents. Why is it that he was not found yet?
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I just want to know where Martinez and the other guy that went off with the Governor are. All the preview clips only showed the Governor.

Martinez sighting in the AMC Sneak Peek AnaNotBanana posted in the next episode's thread.

Oh sweet, I love Martinez! Really hoping he switches sides as I hate to see him side with the Governor. Couldn't watch the clip on my work computer :grumble:
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options

You hit the nail on the head!! It's completely unfair to expect Carl to help mow down a pack of zombie one second and then go right back to being a kid the next second.

Exactly. Carl is one of my favorites and it really bugs me when people complain about him and call him a stupid kid, or whatever. Like I said, he's handling the zombie apocolypse way better than most of the adults.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    I just want to know where Martinez and the other guy that went off with the Governor are. All the preview clips only showed the Governor.

Martinez sighting in the AMC Sneak Peek AnaNotBanana posted in the next episode's thread.

Oh sweet, I love Martinez! Really hoping he switches sides as I hate to see him side with the Governor. Couldn't watch the clip on my work computer :grumble:

I don't know if he would be able to go to the good side. I definitely think that he's with the Governor partly out of fear but he had the opportunity to take the Governor out and didn't. The Governor has always taken care of Martinez so he has no reason to betray him.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

I don't know if he would be able to go to the good side. I definitely think that he's with the Governor partly out of fear but he had the opportunity to take the Governor out and didn't. The Governor has always taken care of Martinez so he has no reason to betray him.

I think he could turn away from the dark side... Remember last season when he was bonding with Darryl? Darryl was kind of a jerk way back when he was under Merle's thumb, so perhaps Martinez could get out from under the Governor's thumb. He seemed like a cool character and, frankly, a badass, so it would be great to see him do good stuff. He also seemed pretty disturbed when the Governor killed all those people, so maybe he's with him out of fear. Once he sees he can be safe with Rick's group, he might seek to join them.