"Failing to plan is planning to fail"

Options
I don't know about you ladies, but this is 100% true for me! If I don't plan my workouts or my healthy snacks and meals I don't work out and I scramble at the last minute and eat whatever is quick... Which is usually unhealthy.

So with that said, this week I'm going to do 30 day shred tomorrow right after work, piloxing class on weds, and 30 day shred again on Friday (if my new TurboFire program hasn't come in yet!!) As for snacks and meals I'm going to pre-plan each day what I'll be eating the next day. Tomorrow I'm having a fruit smoothie with protein powder for breakfast, a Greek chicken wrap for lunch, and celery & peanut butter and Greek yogurt and fruit for snacks.

Your turn! What is your plan for getting/staying on track this week?

Replies

• allieallieoxenfree
    allieallieoxenfree Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great thread!

Well, my goal is to exercise 5 times a week for the month of November. I already exercised today (played soccer and kickball with my FI, lol!). Tomorrow and Wednesday I'm going to do 30DS Level 1. Thursday I will either go to the gym with a friend (that would be my first choice, but she tends to flake, lol) or do 30DS Level 1 again. Friday will be a rest day! And then FI and I will go hiking either Saturday or Sunday, with the other day being a rest day.

Also, what is piloxing??
  • Charliejeorge
    Charliejeorge Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also, what is piloxing??

Piloxing is a Pilates/boxing/dance fitness class. It's easy choreography done to loud dance music. It's a blast and stinking hard. I'm sweating after the warm-up lol.

Also, great plan! Lots of variety which makes me stick to it more because I don't get bored :)
  • e1221w
    Options
    I love this!

This week is a little off for me since I am tapering down for my first half marathon on Sunday!!! I did circuit training Monday morning and then 5.75 miles last night, today I will do a nice easy 3 miles, Wednesday I will do Pilates in the am and a nice easy 3 miles at lunch, then Thursday I will do 2 miles at lunch, and Friday is a complete rest day, Saturday will be spent wondering the run expo, meeting my friends, and having a great time since we will be at the beach :) Then Sunday will be the half marathon!!

As for food, my breakfast, snacks and lunches almost never change. I am a pretty picky eater plus I have an allergy so I stick to what I know and love. Breakfast is a nutritional shake with strawberries and a banana with some granola on the side. Then mid morning snack is 2 ounces of tuna with 1 tbl of mayo, lunch is grapes and 4 ounces of turkey with veggie stix, afternoon snack is broccoli and carrots. Sometimes I add an apple and pb2 if I get that extra hunger craving mid day.

I can't wait to start next week I am going to be increasing my weight training at the gym! I am hoping that will push me out of this plateau I have been on.
  • SarahEGB
    Options
    This has been one of my bigger problems. I don't make a set schedule so I never make it to the gym because I think, "well, I can always go tomorrow!"
  • allieallieoxenfree
    allieallieoxenfree Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    This week is a little off for me since I am tapering down for my first half marathon on Sunday!!!

That's awesome!! Good luck!! I'm so impressed--I did a 10K this time last year, and I don't think I could possibly run TWICE that, ugh, lol.

I also want to note that I did JM 30DS Level 1 today, as per my plan. I think this thread is SUCH a good idea! Haha, I really wanted to just lie around, since I had a bunch of blood drawn this morning, but I decided to just start the workout and see how I felt, because I'd put it out there on this thread. And I felt fine once I got started!
  • Charliejeorge
    Charliejeorge Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same! I really tried to talk myself out of it, I have myself a lot of excuses and then I thought I'd better just do it since I'd put it on here! I did 30 DS And now I'm waiting for my piloxing class to start. Good work so far ladies!!