Motivation Tips/Hints?

Options
Anyone got any good tips or tricks into getting out there?

Replies

• JuliMagenta
    JuliMagenta Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My best motivation at the moment is my roomie. We go to our "gym room" 2 times a week. We started in July and - except for 2 weeks when I was having a bad cold - we sticked to that habit.
    It's kind of a "social pressure" - which sounds bad at first, but it helps us to stay motivated. If I'd go alone, I would have many excuses like "yeah, today was a hard day at university I should rest", "I will go tomorrow!" and so on...
    but, because we have a fix date - I don't want to dissapoint her by not joining the workout :) It actually helps :)

Btw. after a week of rest thanks to a cold with high fever and feeling like ****, today is workout time again.

And, what also keeps my kinda motivated is reading fit-blogs. :)
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I started walking with my step dad at the track at our local park its a mile long. He goes hunting so not only did he want to get his legs back into shape but also wants to loose weight. So we bring my youngest daughter and we started at 2 miles a day. Some weeks we can only get out about 2 days depending on weather and lifes commitments. So I decided to increase my cardio inside my house. Im hoping to get out at least today or tomorrow but we are still only 35 degrees but going to be warmer later so hoping to if not more cardio to do today