American Thanksgiving Recipes

Options
daffodilsoup
daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
It's getting to be that time of year again - what will you be making for your Thanksgiving entree this year?

We are considering a lentil loaf with Daiya cheddar and dried cranberries throughout, but a tofu loaf is also an option! Let's hear your holiday recipe ideas.

Replies

• veg_jen
    veg_jen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a non-vegan celebration so I need to come up with something they will feel welcome to have that will also be filling enough for me to eat for a primary dish. Suggestions welcome.
  • lolamosk3
    lolamosk3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I believe that I will be making homemade seitan, inserting stuffing, and then wrapping that in Phyllo dough and baking it! I made that last year and it was delicious, I don't know how many calories are in it though! There are a lot of great options out there now. I think the Gardein option is extremely tasty as well.
  • SkinneyGirl28
    SkinneyGirl28 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    We'll probably do Tofuti turkey slices, Home made smashed potatoes with chicken-like gravy, cranberry orange salad, cranberry sauce, fresh Brussels Sprouts from the garden, green beans, corn, sweet potatoes, home made stuffing/dressing, home made dinner rolls, and a veggie plate, with Pumpkin pie and berry pie for dessert with my vegan whipped topping. There will be 3 to 5 of us. Last year it was a similar menu. Mom had just come home from the hospital. She had had aspiration Pneumonia. The hospital made us sign up for Hospice in order to bring her home. (She graduated from hospice 3 months later) Everything was to be pureed for her. This was a chance we took to give her regular food, thinking it was her last Thanksgiving. There were just the 3 of us. Mom is still here to celebrate another one! Praise The LORD! And my fractured Femur at the hip (August 18) is healed enough that I can cook the dinner!

ND :smile:
  • cuspofqueens
    Options
    *grabby hands* I need a recipe. Instructions, a website, anything! That sounds delicious! I'm the only vegan in a family full of unapologetic carnivores (I'm the trail-blazing good example, of course. :P), so I need things I can eat and perhaps scale down into a couple of servings.

So what do you use in your seitan and what do you tend to stuff it with? (I already have visions of mushrooms and cranberries floating around in my head...) Do you do a gravy? Ooh, this is so exciting!