This group has so many members! Is anybody active?

Options
I realize this group was made over two years ago so I was wondering how many members are still actively on mfp? I just joined about the site two months ago and I'm on every day. I'm looking for some friends to add!

In case you haven't had time to check out the welcome forum and don't know who I am:
Hello! I'm currently in the RCIA program. I feel like I've decided to mend both my body and my soul and it's exciting!

At 22 years old, I am 120lbs overweight. I finally buckled down and really committed to losing weight about 2 months ago. So far I've lost 10lbs and I hope to lose more before the holidays! My goal is to reach a healthy weight, which at my height is about 120lbs, by my wedding date 5/1/15!

My boyfriend of 6 years finally proposed to me last month so I found and joined the RCIA program. I've had it on my mind for a couple years now but kept putting it off. I'm not becoming Catholic for him, in case anybody is worried. I did want to do the program so we could be married in a Catholic church but it's so much more than that. I'm finally connecting myself with God and I've needed that so bad. I've been much happier since I started.

I'm new to all of it (Catholicism and healthy living) so all advice and support are greatly appreciated! I look forward to getting to know the some 200 other members of this group. :)

Replies

• kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hello, I joined this group rather recently and have done some novenas with members, also am reading Rediscovering Catholicism with another -- although I am way behind schedule, and got some advent ideas.
    It can be what you make of it. A fresh mind can stir the pot up and get things boiling again.
    Welcome to MFP and the world of Catholicism! Best of luck in both journeys!
  • Veganmafia
    Veganmafia Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I read the bible ( I like Douay Rheims latin vulgate the best) to build a relationship with Christ first:heart: I go back and read the catechism of the catholic church:blushing: and the Baltimore catechism of Christian doctrine (1941) i learned a lot about the church that way. I also learned how to apply all the wonderful tools the church has. i pray with my:smile: patron saint and researched and read about them. and then pray.... find out what pulls you to the church, what do you not know, what do you want to know, ask around, don't be afraid to go to weekday masses, read your parish bulletin and check out whats goin on, get involved (legion of mary, divine mercy group, foodbank or shelter through the parish) and talk to the older parishoners and ask how they celebrate the church seasons and other catholic traditions:flowerforyou:
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hello, congratulations on your engagement and joining RCIA! FR sent! :flowerforyou:
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, and congradulations on your engagement. You need Christ in your marriage, if you are going to stick with it for a lifetime. Grace makes all the difference.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi and congratulations...on the engagement and your decision to join the church! I am a cradle Catholic. I'm on MFP everyday but not always on the forums. I've been here since February 2012 and I've lost 84 pounds. I reached my goal.????. You can add me as a friend! Each time you receive a sacrament, it is so awesome!
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    welcome and best wishes on your engagement...

it would be great to see this forum more active fr will be sent...
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    throw my congratulations in too. and I too wish groups were more active. I've found most groups to go gangbusters for a while and fizzle somewhat. I like them and the message boards because it keeps my diet in mind... even tho i'm going nowhere!!! I figure it'll get better...and I'm plugging away.. good luck
  • dinobunni
    Options
    Thanks everybody for all your congratulations! I'm going on my fourth? week of RCIA and I really enjoy it. It seems to be making a big difference in my life too. Maybe it's just my outlook is better but I think things are going my way. :)
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    it seems like lots of people seem to stop posting in groups. Even though I've slipped away from logging and have gained 20 pounds, I still checked in every day....and boy am I glad I have. NOW I'm ready to get back at it. winter over and major spring project finished (a month earlier than usual) ... so now it's about ME.. hope y'all are OK
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I am still here, log food and exercise every day, but life has kept me from community items more than usual. But things have settled down a little and I love the dialogue here as I learn much from y'all
  • IvanCasillas
    IvanCasillas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am as active as I can be and am always looking for positive Catholic friends. Feel free to add me :)
  • ChristinaMolinari
    Options
    I have been a part of the MFP community for 2 years now but have only seriously focused on my health since January 2014. I am now 10lbs closer to my goal :) I am new to this group and am excited to be surrounded by people of faith!

Here is to growing in faith and improving my health!
  • MaryAnn678
    MaryAnn678 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    dinobunni wrote: »
    I realize this group was made over two years ago so I was wondering how many members are still actively on mfp? I just joined about the site two months ago and I'm on every day. I'm looking for some friends to add!

In case you haven't had time to check out the welcome forum and don't know who I am:
    Hello! I'm currently in the RCIA program. I feel like I've decided to mend both my body and my soul and it's exciting!

At 22 years old, I am 120lbs overweight. I finally buckled down and really committed to losing weight about 2 months ago. So far I've lost 10lbs and I hope to lose more before the holidays! My goal is to reach a healthy weight, which at my height is about 120lbs, by my wedding date 5/1/15!

My boyfriend of 6 years finally proposed to me last month so I found and joined the RCIA program. I've had it on my mind for a couple years now but kept putting it off. I'm not becoming Catholic for him, in case anybody is worried. I did want to do the program so we could be married in a Catholic church but it's so much more than that. I'm finally connecting myself with God and I've needed that so bad. I've been much happier since I started.

I'm new to all of it (Catholicism and healthy living) so all advice and support are greatly appreciated! I look forward to getting to know the some 200 other members of this group. :)

I'm not new to MFP, but I haven't been on for awhile as I've been fighting breast cancer. Being a candidate for RCIA is wonderful as is learning more about the Catholic faith and it will help dispel a lot of negative information regarding the church. I have an excellent author that would be worth your while to read, his name is Scott Hahn. I also recommend reading about Saint Faustina and her story and the Divine Mercy prayers, this will help you in your search for the right path on your faith journey. God bless.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hi! I haven't been active on the MFP forums in general lately, but I'm trying to get back to posting. I'm a convert as well (this Easter vigil with be 7 years!) My husband and I converted together from atheism, it was a great experience and how awesome that you and your fiance can go through this together!
  • MaryAnn678
    MaryAnn678 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I just started back to MFP about a month ago or so and I don't chat much on the site, trying to concentrate on eating better foods. My husband has reading Dr Mercola's articles on his website and that had helped us eat better. I also take ideas from the Paleo diet.I also am mostly eating low carb 18-22 carbs per day staying off breads, white and whole wheat flour, processed foods and all sugars. This seems to be working the best for us.

• grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I'm back too.
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Eating Paleo has done WONDERS for my health. Maryanne your carb count sounds ketogenic. Mine is usually around 80...
  • FreshSage
    FreshSage Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would love to connect with anyone in the group... and would be so happy to see more activity here... I did it once with the help of the Lord and mvp... anyone doing a novena I'm in...
  • fittyscent
    fittyscent Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm here. Hope your Ash Wednesday is going well.
  • FreshSage
    FreshSage Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm here every day... Mine is of to a good start hope all find blessings in the observance of lent...