Honeymoon Period

Options
Any of you ladies reach this point yet?

I finally did!! Yay!!! I actually felt it 2 days ago but didn't want to jinx myself and so far so good. This morning I woke up energized and ready to hit the gym...but wasn't prepared at 5am. Tonight I will pack my gym bag and get my butt out of the house by 5:30am tomorrow.

I can't wait! It's been so long since I've done any type of exercise other than walking. It's gonna feel so good. :bigsmile:

Have a beautiful day! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Overall feeling better. I have not took my anti-nausea medicine in a week. But I am not at 100% yet. Energy came back about a week ago as well, but the last few days have been cold, cloudy, and rain/snow. I've been feeling blah.

So glad that you are feeling better and have your energy. It is the best when it finally comes back!
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    That's great Steph! I know from reading your earlier posts how sick you'd been and you not having to take your anti-nausea medicine is a step in the right direction. :smile: You're getting there!:flowerforyou:

This is my first so all these changes are so new to me. I would have never thought that I could go through two month straight of nausea, headaches and exhaustion. I really hope it doesn't come back in the 3rd. Well....I'm okay with exhaustion, but not all okay with the other stuff! Crossing fingers!!!:tongue:
  • stephysd
    Options
    I never had it come back in the third trimester with my first two. You get tired, but it's more body ache tired then the sheer exhaustion during the first trimester. I had heartburn during the third trimester if I ate too spicy of food (which I craved something fierce) or if I ate too close to bedtime and then laid down. But it's nothing compared to the first. Plus during the third you feel the baby move and it's just a time of absolute wonder. I loved figuring out what foods the baby would respond to. Or drinking cold water would wake them up and get them squirming. I worked in a hospital during my first two pregnancies and at the end they would always put me on the OB wing and in the nursery as it was less stress on my body not having to lift patients. It was so much fun feeling my baby inside get mad at the crying baby on the outside that I would be holding and kick up a storm againist them. The last trimister, especially with your first pregnancy, it is just filled with so many wonders and amazements.
  • OtiWanKenobi
    Options
    Yay! I really can't wait to feel the lil' bubs....You've filled my heart with optimism. :bigsmile:
  • stephysd
    Options
    It's probably happening now, but with your first you don't know what to expect or that you even feel it. I can feel the baby move a lot during the night when I first lay down. It feels like carbonation bubbles (soda pop fizz) popping inside. At times furing the day, I might feel it but I think at night you get relaxed enough that you just notice it more. When you have your ultrasound it's an 'aha' moment that all those little bumps and flutters were the baby the whole time.
  • qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've wondered what some things were... I thought I could feel a little something, nothing spectacular of course, just a little flutter when I lay down at night. I saw someone on the Baby Center website posted on the forum about potentially feeling their baby early on and it was like the entire board came crashing down saying absolutely no way was it possible that she was feeling anything before xx weeks. It was kinda disheartening. I'm willing to accept I'm just being sensitive, hoping and wishing I could feel it! haha

I'm still waiting for my energy to come back... I'm still napping during the day when I can. Earlier this week I got excited because I felt normal and cleaned my whole house. The next day I was sleepy or sleeping the whole day! C'mon second trimester... :yawn:
  • stephysd
    Options
    It's so hard to know with your first. Even before the 20 week ultrasound I would know the baby when it was a hard kick. It wasn't until the ultrasound that I understood that all the little bumps and flutters were the baby the whole time. The next time around you have such a better understanding of what you are looking for. It was my husband pointing out to the other night that I was cradling my baby bump and he asked why. After I stopped and thought about it for a second it was because I could feel the baby moving and it was just my instinct to rest my hands there to kinda of 'protect' that moment. It led to the kids racing towards me to feel as well and then severe disappointment when I had to explain to them that only I could feel it right now. Which lead to rootbeer floats so that they could feel the bubbles pop on their nose and mouth and get an understanding of how little the motion felt. They thought it was a pretty cool experiment.
  • OtiWanKenobi
    Options
    You know what? Now that you mention it I have felt it but have blamed it on digestions. It does feel like I little fizz! I don't know if it correlates but I felt it right after eating most delicious brownie and another time when I was at the doctors office listening to the heartbeat. The doc was really digging into my abdomen and must have pissed off the little one! :-)

Cool!!! I also have this weird feeling although I can't see anything that he/she's hanging out on the left side of my belly... Hmmm..wonder if that's possible.
  • Momma2CharlieJane
    Momma2CharlieJane Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    With my first, I started feeling the little pops at 16w. I didn't think you could feel the baby that early, but as the weeks went on, the pops got stronger in the same spot and you could definitely tell that it was the baby. I've heard of people saying they could feel the baby at 14w.
  • KimberlyTG2
    KimberlyTG2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I haven't felt well, but I think a lot of it is due to allergies and my sinuses hurting so much. I changed up the allergy meds I take due to pregnancy and I just don't think they are cutting it.
    I can't wait to get some energy back!
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Eneregy level has definitely returned and the other day, I did a 20 minute exercise video. i wanted to do it more often but work is so crazy now w loads ot travelling that I cant. cant wait for the xmas break, plnning to do lots of swimming, gentle work out and yoga.
  • OtiWanKenobi
    Options
    Eneregy level has definitely returned and the other day, I did a 20 minute exercise video. i wanted to do it more often but work is so crazy now w loads ot travelling that I cant. cant wait for the xmas break, plnning to do lots of swimming, gentle work out and yoga.

That's great!!!! How'd you feel after your exercise video? Even sneaking in a quick power walk helps. That's usually what I do on my way to work. I usually pick up the pace to get my heart going a bit. Welcome to the fun stage!
  • OtiWanKenobi
    Options
    I haven't felt well, but I think a lot of it is due to allergies and my sinuses hurting so much. I changed up the allergy meds I take due to pregnancy and I just don't think they are cutting it.
    I can't wait to get some energy back!

Hang in there!!! Praying you get out of this funk soon!!!