Healthy Meal Plans?

Options
DH and I cook all of our own meals, but none of them are particularly healthy. I also sometimes feels like I'm making the same three dishes over and over and over again. So boring. Oh and breakfast is usually something really carb-y (muffins/waffles/pancakes)... How do we break that habit?!

I plan our meals out and go grocery shopping every week. Any suggestions or websites that you use to find healthy (but not boring!) meals? Thanks ladies!

Replies

• Olive24219
    Olive24219 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am useless at coming up with my own meals and use a cookbook for everything. Right now on this latest health kick I've been making meals out of the Sparkpeople cookbook and there are some really good ones in there. Also skinnytaste.com has awesome healthy recipes, you should check it out.
  • Charliejeorge
    Charliejeorge Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I get the same way. We get in "food ruts" a lot! I use skinnytaste lots, and some of our favorite dinners are taco salad, baked chicken with roasted sweet potato, and spaghetti squash lasagna. I asked for healthy meal suggestions on the bee, I'd do a search on there and see what you can find. I'll bet there's lots of good suggestions!
  • SarahEGB
    Options
    My main problems are:
    A) We're on a budget
    B) We're out of the house A LOT.

This leads to eating meals out a lot that have not that good of a nutritional profile. Anybody have recommendations for cookbooks that have quick and simple recipes? Preferably vegetarian or with a lot of vegetarian options.