Hello - I'm new to this group!

Options
HI there!

I am 13 weeks pregnant with baby #2! I am overweight, but weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with #1. I have been working hard for a while to loose weight and get healthy. I started a workout routine back in May and was told I could stick with it while pregnant, however I had NO energy whatsoever in the first trimester, so that fell by the wayside. I am feeling better now and am planning to get back into it!

I am looking forward to getting to know you all!
:smile:

Replies

• mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    walking is a great exercise that doesn't take too much energy. Water aerobics was one thing I really loved doing while pregnant too. Congrats on the new baby to be.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Congrats on baby #2! I had just lost 50 pounds and then discovered that I was pregnant (whoopsie!) so I kinda know what you're going through. I've found that doing anything in the water really helps, especially swimming, because there is less pressure on your hips and other joints that become angry during pregnancy.
  • KimberlyTG2
    KimberlyTG2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You sound a lot like me. I finally started balancing my life, working full time, taking care of my 2yo and husband and house... I started taking care of myself better in April and had lost 14lb and had just finished a 5k. When Surprise baby #2. I had great ideas of how I was going to eat better and exercise more this time. But I have been just too worn out to care. I was drained during my first Trimester with my first child, but now add taking care of a 2yo on top of this baby sucking up all my energy... I need a nap:)
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Congrats on #2 & congrats on weighing less than you did with #1! That is no easy feat! Walking & yoga are great workouts. I suggest Youtube "Yoga during pregnancy" or "workout routines for pregnant women".
  • SonaliShukla
    SonaliShukla Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello evrybody,

I am Sonali, new to this grp,currently 10.5 weeks pregnant.i lost 9 kgs this yr post joining MFP and then amlost gained 2kgs when we were planning for the baby.But till date I have been able to stick to my prepregnancy weight.My current BMI is still at 29.1 which certainly means I have to careful with my weight during this pregnancy.Trying to stick to moderate workouts now like a 30 mins walk 3-4 times a week.

Looking for pals in this journey.Hope you all are having joyous and delightful moments in your pregnancy.I know there would be morng sickness/indigestion/other problems with a few people down here but I suppose all thats for a good cause!Finally that pain is all worth when you would carry your baby in your hands for the first time.
  • VEGGGA
    VEGGGA Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 4 weeks pregnant with my first! yea!!!!