Helping friends with challenges.

Options
PaulaKro
PaulaKro Posts: 5,690 Member
Hi all. It's bothering me that the most recent post in this amazing group is two days ago. I am getting so fond of everyone and don't want to lose you! Is that just because it's the weekend?

Hey, some of our friends are having a tough time during this season. Personally, I'm hitting the part where I can eat more and am having to watch what I eat. I've learned that carbs go down easy, they dissolve to get by the sleeve. Oh, and they make the protein so much more palatable.

So now I just have to trust myself not to abuse that knowledge. It's a change in thinking; a change I have to go through, but oh so carefully.

I'm wondering if anyone else wants to talk about what they're going through right now. This is such a great place for support. Thank you everyone.

Paula

Replies

• m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Sometimes things get a bit quiet on the weekends here. It's nobody's fault, and it does not mean anyone is any less supportive or kind or engaged or concerned about his or her group mates. It's just a Sunday kinda thing.

It is long weekend here; the Remembrance Day observations are tomorrow.

I will post a soft challenge early in the afternoon (Pacific Time) when I return from the Cenotaph.

And if people do know of a particular struggle going on--you can always PM people. Sometimes a Personal Message can really do the trick for somebody.

Jus' sayin'...

(Sorry I can't address the carb/protein balance thing for you...)
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    I actually feel that The most personal messages often go without much response. Most people are very uncomfortable with addressing the emotional side to life... It's not a lack of wanting to be supportive and kind but a matter of feeling unsure!

Paula I don't know a lot about the sleeve surgery but I have heard that you can learn how to eat slider foods? If stoppig eating was the only issue we would all be skinny... There is so much more to it! You have gone so far and it's so frustrating when we notice we are doing things that might not be so good for us, I hope you don't abuse your slider foods because it will hurt you! Take a walk down memory lane, look at who you were 100 lbs ago and why you can't be her anymore...
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,690 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, both of you. Appreciate it!
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    i had the sleeve surgery in june and now that i'm 5 months out, i am finding that carbs are sneaking their way back in too. i had a tiny piece of lasagna yesterday (noodles), i added a tiny bit of rice to my stuffed pepper soup the other day (rice), i had a spoonful of mac n cheese last weekend (noodles) and i fried (gasp) a small red potato and a sausage the other day (potato). but the thing that is killing me is crackers! i used to be able to eat 3 with a piece of cheese and now i can eat 6 with no problem. oh and i can eat a piece of bread now too.

it sure does make the diet taste better, but i too am worried about back-sliding. especially with winter almost here. the time change happened so now it's dark at 5 pm! pretty soon the snow will fly and i won't want to go places anymore. i worry about getting to the gym 4 days a week and i HATE exercising at home. for me, i need the actual "going" to the gym to get me going.

great post. i hope other respond also.