Question about vegetables

Options
Hi all,
I have a question about vegetables. Not sure if this is covered in the book but I didn't see it.
Can you eat any veggies on low carb days? Even carrots?
Thanks!

Replies

• leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes - you can eat any veggies other than corn, peas & really high starch things like potatoes. Remember it's not a no-carb day, just a lower carb day.

On your low carb days - each meal should focus on proteins/veggies/healthy fats, and on higher carb days focus on protein/veggies/healthy carbs (like fruit or whole wheat grains or beans/potatoes).

I hope this helps.
  • sue101886
    sue101886 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ah thanks for your reply! I read through Choose More, Lose More very quickly on my Kindle and I may have missed that. I now got the hard copy of Choose to Lose and will go through it more carefully.

Is there any rule of thumb for foods and protein shakes that do include some carbs in it? How much carb is too much to have on a protein/veggie/fat day? I know we don't want to get caught up in the numbers but if my protein shake has 8 g of carbs in it can I still ahve it on my protein day?

So far so good! The scale is moving and I have a super hard time losing weight!
  • kcanby7
    kcanby7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know this post is several months old, and not sure if you are even doing carb cycling anymore, but I wanted to address the question in regards to having carbs in protein shakes and such. I follow chris on facebook, and asked him how many carbs I should have on a high carb day vs. A low carb day. His answer was to not think of it like that but to watch the portion sizes and eat the foods out of the cateories that apply to that day... not sure if this helped or not, but it helped me when I stopped looking at grams of carbs and focused on the simple stuff, and his rules on portions.