gents open at own risk, a question for the women.......

Options
I am at 18 months post op and 105lbs lost. My cycle has been like clockwork my entire life however I suffered from severe PMS physical and emotional. As I lost the PMS part went away...yeah. Just after about the 9 month mark my cycle started to become a bit irregular and too often. In the last two months I am having hot flashes and a cycle every two weeks.
My question is .......Did mass weight loss push anyone into hyper perimenopause? Or anyone have extreme cycle changes?
I am at the right age for perimenopause but wonder if its natural or the losses?
Anyone? Anyone?

Replies

• pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 months out from surgery (but lost a lot in the pre-op phase too). My cycle has been very irregular too - starting early or late, and I skipped a month altogether. No hot flashes, thank god. I'm 52 and chalk it up mostly to age, but I'm sure it's partly the weight loss. You might want to check with your doc just to be sure.
    Congrats on your fabulous loss!
  • Rief3
    Rief3 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Well I was irregular my whole life, sometimes would be monthly other times I could go for months with out one, would still get the pms part of it though! Well since my surgery I have had one every month! PMS has been more emotional(sucks), no hot flashes yet. But yes we are at that age........
    Suggest you call your primary if you are concerned.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I had the same symptoms years ago, years before my surgery. It turned out to be fibroids. Check with your doctor, it could be something simply like my fibroids or you could be experiencing an early menopause. But remember, not everyone has hot flashes, mood swings, and all the rest of the nasty menopausal symptoms. Some people have some, some have all and others just stop having periods. So never assume it's menopause.