Workouts

Options
So what are you all doing for workouts?

Are you doing exactly what you were doing before? Have you modified your workouts? Are you doing any at all?

I'm looking for ideas. :)

Replies

• RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I haven't done one thing since I ran my marathon 30 days ago. I've been feeling too crappy. I really want to start walking on the treadmill every day but I won't be able to do that until the MS has died down. Right now I just want to lay on the couch and not do anything but sleep.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    That's sort of how I'm feeling too... but I know that workouts can sometimes help with tiredness... and I always get better quality sleep after a good workout. :)

So far all I've been doing regularly is walking.
  • SonaliShukla
    SonaliShukla Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I used to couple my cardio with strength training in the pre-pregnancy days.But wasnt that active for the 2months time we were planning.For the past 3 weeks,I have been doing a treadmill brisk walk workout for 30 mins(incline down to 3.5% from 5% in prepregnancy) and speed close to 3.5-3.6 miles /hr coupled with 10 minutes of stationary bike somedays for around 3-5 days a week.That make me sweat a bit and a better sleep at night.But its the regular feeling as evening hits,I really start feeling tired.Hope this gets better in future weeks.

Even I used to suffer from constipation which ofcourse has worsened these days especially in this 8th week, but working out helps.I plan to tweak my workouts maybe incorporate a little bit of upper & lower body strength training-bicep curls,triceps push down,rear detloid,pec fly,leg curls(have heard not advisable in 2nd trimester specially where you need to ly on your front) leg extension n hips abd/adduction, provided my scan goes fine and there seem to be no complications.Have read some brisk walking coupled with moderate strength training(more reps and lesser weights) helps to sail thru your pregnancy well and doesnt lead to preterm,even prevents you from having a csec.

Worried my first scan is due tomorrow,hope everything goes fine!
  • IndianMuslim
    Options
    Good luck Sonali! I'm sure everything will be just fine.

My doctor gave the OK for me to work out, but I have been feeling so crappy lately...I just don't have the energy to get up and go to the gym. I'm hoping things will change once I enter my second trimester. I'll probably stick to low impact workouts like walking on the treadmill and doing water aerobics.
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I love swimming and have been going about 2 x/week perpregnancy along with long walks either on the treadmill or with the dog. I love swimming, it really helps me clear my head when all you hear is your breathing and the water. I'm excited I can keep doing it and know it's a great workout with no impact to the baby.

One thing I want to look into is pre-natal yoga. I've done yoga a few times before and always felt more sense of self after and want to find that. With my body and mood changing keeping calm and focusing will help me get through some of the tough days with more ease.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! Starting next week I'm set to get back into my waterfit classes. I'll look into the yoga. Some meditation would be good for me too I think.
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I told myself at the beginning of all of this that I would walk every day for at least 30 minutes no matter what! Pshhhh! That stopped happening a few weeks ago. BUT! I would like to recommit to that goal. I am such a lazy butt lately. I have to just push myself out of it.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Me too! I walked SO much more over the summer/early fall than I have in the past couple months. I blame most of that on rain and now the cold weather, but I really need to get myself and gear and just do it.
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I finally have some energy back and I am getting back into working out. My goal is 30 minutes of exercise every day. I have been to the gym the past 3 days and feel pretty awesome about it! I restarted the couch to 5k program which I had graduated from in March. I am going back to week 1 and taking it super slow now. So far so good! I also bought an xbox kinect and some fitness games. So, I hope that helps me to be more active!

How is everyone else feeling? We're getting close to the second trimester. I hope everyone is doing great!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I really need to get more active! I'm up for starting a challenge or something if anyone else is.

I've got the energy (sort of) but it's the time restraint that's killing me.... (sleeping a LOT more than I used to)
  • SonaliShukla
    Options
    hey Suzanne,I am with you in the same boat.Dont have morning sickness,but really pressing hard for taking out time for some workout.Need to start walking again and get to the bandwagon!How about we start up a challenge aiming for atleast 4 moderate workouts a week?
  • SonaliShukla
    Options
    hey Suzanne,I am with you in the same boat.Dont have morning sickness,but really pressing hard for taking out time for some workout.Need to start walking again and get to the bandwagon!How about we start up a challenge aiming for atleast 4 moderate workouts a week?
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options

Sounds like a plan! I'll start a thread here. :)
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Had my first prenatal yoga class today and loved it. My instructor really focused on connecting with your body and with baby. I highly recommend it. I found it really allowed me to slow down and focus on clearing my mind plus it was good to be in a room with lots of women going through the same experience.