Other than CrossFit

Options
2»

Replies

• runningindigo
    runningindigo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    :laugh: @momof2osaurus
    Thanks again y'all!! I definitely rest between days lol! I stretch mainly so I won't be too sore...hopefully lol!!
    I really like CF and I'm gonna stick with it!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Pole dance 3x per week, more lifting, cardio usually 2x other times, yoga 1-2x per week, swimming for an hour once or twice week, and hiking in the warm months. I do at least one other workout the 3-4 days per week I do CrossFit. Saturdays and Sundays I do one-a-days (no CrossFit) but the rest of the week I do two workouts with some combo of CrossFit/yoga/cardio/pole. Mondays I do three workouts: CrossFit/yoga/pole or CrossFit/yoga/swim.

CrossFit is really helping my pole dancing and yoga is really helping everything.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Pole dance 3x per week, more lifting, cardio usually 2x other times, yoga 1-2x per week, swimming for an hour once or twice week, and hiking in the warm months. I do at least one other workout the 3-4 days per week I do CrossFit. Saturdays and Sundays I do one-a-days (no CrossFit) but the rest of the week I do two workouts with some combo of CrossFit/yoga/cardio/pole. Mondays I do three workouts: CrossFit/yoga/pole or CrossFit/yoga/swim.

CrossFit is really helping my pole dancing and yoga is really helping everything.

How do you have time for all of that??
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Time? I have no children and I don't like to do anything outside in the winter. I work nights so my days are free.

I don't socialize a lot because I have to socialize non-stop at work (I am a bartender) and I have a huge amount of aggression (because I deal with drunks all the time) that needs to be expelled in a positive manner. :tongue: Also, no TV.
  • cjcolorado
    cjcolorado Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Other than CrossFit, what other exercises/activities do you participate?

I just signed up for the nike women's half marathon in DC. I don't find out until Dec 6th if we got in (it's a lottery), but I've started a 24 week training plan this week just in case. So, I run 3 days a week, crossfit three days a week, and one day a week I do cycling. I'm also doing the MS150 bike ride from houston to austin in april, so I have to train some for that.

I ran that one last year! It is so much fun-- a beautiful course anda wonderful experience runnning with (mostly) other women. I'm debating entering the random draw again this year, even though it's a haul for me to get there.

That said, I use CrossFit to enhance my running. Through the spring and summer, I typically run about 5 days a week, between 20-35 mpw. Before CF, I would do bootcamp style workouts, anything with HIIT. I try to do yoga at least once a week, as well. At the moment, I'm nursing an IT band/hip issue, so I've cut way down on my running to spend time foam rolling instead, sadly.
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Other than CrossFit, what other exercises/activities do you participate?

I just signed up for the nike women's half marathon in DC. I don't find out until Dec 6th if we got in (it's a lottery), but I've started a 24 week training plan this week just in case. So, I run 3 days a week, crossfit three days a week, and one day a week I do cycling. I'm also doing the MS150 bike ride from houston to austin in april, so I have to train some for that.

I ran that one last year! It is so much fun-- a beautiful course anda wonderful experience runnning with (mostly) other women. I'm debating entering the random draw again this year, even though it's a haul for me to get there.

That said, I use CrossFit to enhance my running. Through the spring and summer, I typically run about 5 days a week, between 20-35 mpw. Before CF, I would do bootcamp style workouts, anything with HIIT. I try to do yoga at least once a week, as well. At the moment, I'm nursing an IT band/hip issue, so I've cut way down on my running to spend time foam rolling instead, sadly.

I'm a beginner runner, and at this point, I'm still doing run/walk intervals and about 3 miles per run, so I have my work cut out for me... But I'm excited about the thought of my first 'real' half marathon and I hope we get picked. I've walked a half marathon last year, and I'm walking one on sunday, but I don't really count them since I'm walking for about 10 of the miles, LOL.
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    Crossfit covers so many basis, weightlifting, sprinting etc. I like to do some boxing, actually i love it :D
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Swimming, Cycling and Running for Triathlons are my "others".

*CrossFit has enhanced my endurance, strength and stamina in all these and other activities.