Season 4 - Ep. 6 - Live Bait - 11/17/13

Options
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 11/10/13 episode

PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT DISCUSS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS IN EPISODE/SEASON THREADS

AMC Sneak Peek:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-406-the-walking-dead-live-bait

YouTube Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alOXKRrBs40

Replies

• 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    how can you not root for the gov?
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    This was a boring episode for me. Sorry Governor fans. :laugh:

Are they trying to humanize the Governor? Seems like it.

Those women really are dead weight. The made me appreciate the mad anti-Walker skillz that Maggie, Carol, Sasha and of course Michonne have.

It was nice to see a slice of life away from the prison.
  • OneEyedWolf
    OneEyedWolf Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't know about boring, but, it sure wasn't the walker/excitement filled episode they made it out to be last week.

While I'd like to like him, I'm not sure how I feel about them trying to humanize the Gov, the dude's a sociopathic (radio edit). Honestly I'm just waiting for his next mental break and he'll be back to shooting everyone in sight again. I sensed he felt more sorry for himself (i.e. it was all Michonne and Rick's fault that everything went to hell in a hand basket) than than he did remorse for his actions. I'm hoping I'm wrong, because he did seem to form a strong connection to the little girl, which might be enough to bring ham back to acting human again.

I didn't have a chance to watch Talking Dead last night, so I'll have to wait till tonight after I get the chilluns to bed to find out what happened in the background of the episode that I missed.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options
    For me, he has gone past the point of redemption. Would be rapist, serial murderer, torturer... if he gets a redemptive story arc then Carol better get one too.

The whole episode felt like filler until the Rick and Darryl conversation about Carol. It felt to me like the writers were just dragging out that confrontation as long as possible.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I didn't see this coming at all. Not for a second did I think the Governor's two goons would leave him in the middle of the night like that. I think they both considered themselves lucky that they didn't get shot in the Governor's rampage and thought they needed to get out as soon as possible.

I think that if the Governor were to walk away and not ever see Martinez or the prison group again he could possibly forget about being "the Governor" but I think that seeing the prison again and having to confront Martinez is just going to bring out his evil side again.

And what is it about the Governor??? He's getting more action than anyone in this zombie apocalypse!!!
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    This was a boring episode for me. Sorry Governor fans. :laugh:

I thought it was kind of slow until the end with the zombies. And digging those trenches was a really good idea!! I'm curious to see what Martinez's new group is like.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    To be fair to the Governor, he's a mass murderer... not a serial killer. Unless you count zombies, but I say they don't count.

I think several people on the show could be considered "mass murderers" especially Rick. He has killed people who were alive to help save his group. I mean even Carl "murdered" that kid in the woods because he thought he was going to help the group. I think that's the big difference. The Governor has that extra edge of crazy. In a world like the one that they are living in you will probably have to kill a person who isn't a zombie...the difference is whether or not you decide to keep their heads in an aquarium afterwards.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options

And what is it about the Governor??? He's getting more action than anyone in this zombie apocalypse!!!

:laugh:

So true...

He gets more action than regular people do in a non-apocalyptic world. I wish we could see Darryl getting some lovin'. I volunteer myself. :love:
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

So true...

He gets more action than regular people do in a non-apocalyptic world. I wish we could see Darryl getting some lovin'. I volunteer myself. :love:

I would fight my way through a horde of zombie for that chance too!!! LOL
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    i hate to say the episode was boring because i absolutely love TWD, but yes, it was a slower episode with not much going on really. But as a fan, it was nice to see what the govena has been up to since the end of season 3. he's the character you love to hate, you wanna see him go down, i certainly do. this episode did not make me feel any compassion towards him....as the theme of this season has been, you can't go back from the things you've done...he must pay !!!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

LOL! I was thinking the same thing after this episode.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

So true...

I call first dibs on Rick! (Sorry, I've had a thing for Andrew Lincoln since Love Actually came out.)

If the Governor is getting some, at least it's not with annoying Andrea. The only ones getting more are Glenn and Maggie.

I do wonder about Martinez and what will go on there. I also have a sneaking suspicion that those two women aren't long for this world and that the Governor is left with Megan.

What do you think about his appearance outside the prison now? Do you still think he was attracting the walkers that took down the fence? Do you think he will try to join them? What about leaving Megan with them and continuing on as a drifter?

And what is the deal with taking on a fake name? Why is he so damn secretive about his real name? He was like that at Woodbury, too, and may not even have told Andrea his real name (Phillip, I think).

ETA that I don't think Rick would allow him in knowing that he killed all those people on the road (especially after kicking Carol out after what she did), nevermind everything else. I had a fleeting thought that maybe the Governor is still out for revenge against Michonne in particular.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

So true...

I call first dibs on Rick! (Sorry, I've had a thing for Andrew Lincoln since Love Actually came out.)

If the Governor is getting some, at least it's not with annoying Andrea. The only ones getting more are Glenn and Maggie.

I do wonder about Martinez and what will go on there. I also have a sneaking suspicion that those two women aren't long for this world and that the Governor is left with Megan.

What do you think about his appearance outside the prison now? Do you still think he was attracting the walkers that took down the fence? Do you think he will try to join them? What about leaving Megan with them and continuing on as a drifter?

And what is the deal with taking on a fake name? Why is he so damn secretive about his real name? He was like that at Woodbury, too, and may not even have told Andrea his real name (Phillip, I think).

ETA that I don't think Rick would allow him in knowing that he killed all those people on the road (especially after kicking Carol out after what she did), nevermind everything else. I had a fleeting thought that maybe the Governor is still out for revenge against Michonne in particular.

The preview for next week shows what looks like an attack on their camp. I wonder if those two ladies are going to realize how much better they had it at the apartment building where they were. I don't think those two ladies will make it very long either. I mean they barely made having to run away from a small pack of zombies!! Maybe the Governor will try and protect Meghan lose her again and that will be what pushes him past the point of no return.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I pretty much had the same thoughts as most of the other posters here. I only add one thing. When watching this episode the most prevalent thought that popped into my head (and my boyfriend's too) was why do these people keep asking him for favors? Literally it seemed like every 5 minutes they were asking him to do stuff for them and all they did was take him in for one night. I would have been like do it your f******* self this is a zombie apocalypse. Risk your own life! IDK, A favor or two, I get. But to me it was just like ya'll are asking a hell of a LOT and it came off to me as kind of selfish and entitled. Not a fan of that family at all. The little girl is ok bc she's a scared child. The grandfather was cool. The mom and teen daughter can kiss my butt though :ohwell:

Edit to state I realize he ended up staying longer than one night but initially it was only supposed to be one night.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    ... I realize he ended up staying longer than one night but initially it was only supposed to be one night.

Kind of like Gilligan's three-hour tour? [insert rim-shot here]

I think part of the reason they asked for him to do so much was because he obviously knew how to survive. The younger sister had tried, and failed, to clear out the apartments upstairs.

I agree that those sister aren't going to make it long after leaving that apartment building. They just seemed to be way too sheltered from all of the madness. I mean did anyone really believe that the sister was a cop?? I knew from the second she said it that she was full of s&*t. Maybe they figured since they had given him shelter and food (which he threw out anyways) that he owed them??
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that gets a sick feeling in my stomach everytime the Governor gets his action with someone? :sick: I *almost* can't watch :laugh:

And I can't wait to see more of Martinez :love:
  • A_Healthier_Me2013
    A_Healthier_Me2013 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    i don't know how i feel about them trying to make the viewers sympathetic of the Gov. i'm not sure if that was their intention, i'm just guessing. i was not fooled. it's kind of hard to forget all the bad stuff that he's done. i don't think anything nice he does from this point on will erase that in my head. i don't see his story ending well.

do you guys think he'll encounter Carol and she will join his group? just a theory i had.