Get together

Options
kimad
kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
Hey guys,

So we expressed interest in a get together before Christmas.

Easier on this thread - can we throw out some dates and some ideas, and/or limitations you have.

I am free Nov 29, Dec 7, Dec 13, 14 if we are looking at weekends. Or any Sunday
I am really open to do anything....

Something central would be beneficial.

After a few days we can kinda narrow down the choices :)

Replies

• SmugCanucksGal
    SmugCanucksGal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Free on:
    29th, or 30th of Nov.
    6th or 7th or 8th Dec
    And open to anywhere, I can drive wherever.

Someone mentioned doing something other than drinks/dinner.
    I am fully open to drinks and dinner.

Bowling sounded like a good option, probably still include drinks, but a little more hand on and active.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I could do Dec 14. My work Christmas party is on the 7th but not sure if I'm going yet.
  • JenniferARoss
    JenniferARoss Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    What about going for a run or hike? (Weather permitting of course) :smile:
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have hockey games on Nov 17, Dec 14 and Dec 22. And I have a company Christmas party on Dec 6th.

Those are the only weekends that don't work for me.

Off topic, I had no idea there was a GROUP! :D
  • SlimDownWithChristina
    Options
    I'd be up for this!
    I do not yet have a work schedule for December, but I can tell you when im free in November. I'm located in the NW, but wouldn't mind meeting at a central location. I was reading some of the ideas and really liked the running or hiking idea. Anyways, I'm free on the 25th or 28th of November.
  • rjh1975
    rjh1975 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My availability is tied to when my husband is working but if I can get a sitter, then I can be more flexible. I also like the idea of a group run/hike (but I'm also happy with dinner/drinks/etc).
  • kimad
    Options
    I wouldn't mind doing a group hike/run at anytime, but I think for this we should do something more 'fun' for everyone.... not everyone is into that sort on thing on here!
  • kimad
    Options
    I have hockey games on Nov 17, Dec 14 and Dec 22. And I have a company Christmas party on Dec 6th.

Those are the only weekends that don't work for me.

Off topic, I had no idea there was a GROUP! :D

We don't work together do we? my xmas party is Dec 6th.. LOL JK!!!

We have had a group of people that get together for awhile now.... we have had 2-3 gatherings in the past year, some of us are friends outside MFP now, and we even got together as a group for Zombie Survivor this past summer.
  • skrakalaka
    Options
    I wonder if Zombie Survivor is back next year? We'll have to keep our eyes open.

If you guys want to do something outside I think it should be sledding with beverages :wink:
  • JenniferARoss
    JenniferARoss Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I wonder if Zombie Survivor is back next year? We'll have to keep our eyes open.

If you guys want to do something outside I think it should be sledding with beverages :wink:

I saw something on facebook that it is supposed to be back in 2014 :smile:
  • tonynguyen75
    Options
    My best friend is actually one of the organisers for zombie survivor. It should be back. I work at enmax, so we might work together.

As far as running/hiking... I'm not much of a runner so I wouldn't want to hold you guys back xD
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Lloyd's Roller Rink! :happy:
  • tonynguyen75
    Options
    I can get with roller blading. Especially in this snow XD.
  • kimad
    Options
    This is a really busy time for me to focus on this.....

So I will throw out this idea and see who bites.

Dec 7 or 14 (my 1st choice is 14).
    Bowl at Chinook Mall, then drinks/dinner for those who are interested at the Boston Pizza there? They have a healthier menu for those hoping for that.

That's all I got lol...
  • SmugCanucksGal
    Options
    I cant commit to the 14th .. Have 3 Birthdays to attend.
    IF the 7th works I Like the idea thats out there with bowling at Chinook and Boston Pizza works for me too!
  • kimad
    Options
    I cant commit to the 14th .. Have 3 Birthdays to attend.
    IF the 7th works I Like the idea thats out there with bowling at Chinook and Boston Pizza works for me too!

7th works for me too

Guess I have a surprise date night with the boyfriend on the 14th.
  • SmugCanucksGal
    Options
    The boss decided to do a last minute Xmas gathering ... and of course its going to be Sat the 7th.
    I guess count me out of this one.
  • skrakalaka
    Options
    I decided to go to my team Christmas party on the 7th. Kind of regretting it, I'm gong to freeze in a dress and heels.