Going back to my first love.

Options
c50blvdbabe
c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
It has been almost a year and I have missed crossfit so much. I thought it was too expensive for the workouts I was doing, but boy have these 11 months put things into perspective. It was the only workout I consistently did and enjoyed. The gains I made in my fitness, especially running, I miss. and I miss the camaraderie. So I decided to stop being so cheap and do what I love. I mean this is the only "love" in my life that hasn't disappointed me:-)

Replies

• momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Yay!! :) CF is the only exercise I like too.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    It has been almost a year and I have missed crossfit so much. I thought it was too expensive for the workouts I was doing, but boy have these 11 months put things into perspective. It was the only workout I consistently did and enjoyed. The gains I made in my fitness, especially running, I miss. and I miss the camaraderie. So I decided to stop being so cheap and do what I love. I mean this is the only "love" in my life that hasn't disappointed me:-)

Hope it is even better than you remembered it to be!
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    And I think I've found my first love. The gym I belong to had a fee based Small Group Training class option that incorporated cardio and weight training exercises into an interval circuit. Over time as instructors changed and were able to design their own classes, several started to incorporate crossfit elements. They stopped the program 6 weeks ago and I've felt lost since. I started taking the programmed group exercise classes and felt like I was a college student going back to middle school. I felt like I wasn't pushed and challenged enough. I also missed the individual attention, accountability and camaraderie of small group training.

I signed up for a LivingSocial deal for a CF box near me and took a foundations/onramp class last night. Just even with the small workout we did I felt so good. With some of the shoulder mobility exercises we were doing with the PVC pipe I felt sure my shoulder that has been acting up since Tough Mudder last week was going to rebel this morning. Nope, it actually feels better. I have a feeling I've not only drank the kool-aid but dived head first into it.