Week 4!

Options
absmith_
absmith_ Posts: 63 Member
Hey guys whats up?! Lets get some convo going :)

Here's something that happened this weekend. So I have lost almost 55 pounds, and saw some friends and family over this past weekend (the weekend I ate about my TDEE and enjoyed a few beers at a bonfire.) Well TONS I mean tons of people were saying how good I looked, and one guy was weird at first, he barely said Hi, until about 15 minutes later he said he didn't even recognize me and didn't know who I was at first.

But some people were saying they didn't realize how overweight I was until I lost weight. I mean I didn't either until I saw a picture that showed the truth. But I mean, I think people sugar coat a lot of things. I never had someone tell me I was fat. They all said I was curvy, or maybe those pants don't look right, like its just the pants not me. But I NEEDED someone to tell me that I think it would have opened up my eyes. What do you guys think?

What are your plans for the weekend? My hubby is out of town for military training so I am taking the little one grocery shopping! It may not sound like much but with my servere OCD, I plan meals out a month in advance and make a grocery list for a whole MONTH. Then I take it and go shopping. Now with a one and a half year old and me being by myself I will have to do one trip to Aldi, bag it and take it home and unload it and depending on how cranky she is we have to go back and fill another cart at aldi! Then repeat. And usually I have to go to Giant eagle and get a couple of things Aldi doesn't carry. This is like a 3 hour process lol so I will be busy Saturday! What about you guys :)

GO! :)

Replies

• absmith_
    Options
    Oh & 46 days til the end of the year!! :noway:
  • absmith_
    Options
    anyone alive?! lol
  • eSUNt
    eSUNt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi hi!

I'm here! Back from my cruise!!! I definitely enjoyed myself and ate like a King. The gym on the boat was phenomenal and I worked out 3 out of the 4 days I was on the ship. So I am proud about that. I'm definitely too nervous to step on the scale. I think I am going to skip this week's weight in and weigh in next week. Coming off of a cruise and getting my TOM yesterday I just think the number on the scale is just going to set me back mentally. But back on track today with my eating. Back to Insanity tomorrow - I can't believe I only have 1 week left of the program! YAY! I'm thinking Focus T25 next...

Hope you all are having a great week!

Esther
  • Muddybear7
    Muddybear7 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Abby, that must have felt so good!!

Good question... You must have reeeaallllyyy nice/courteous family, because I was definitely told I was getting too big, lol. I knew it myself, I just wasn't doing anything about it until my doctor told me my cholesterol and lipids were extremely high, and seeing that terrible number on the scale at the visit. For me, it was hearing bad news coming from a medical professional that did it. Hearing it from family just made me mad and sad and made me want to eat more. What can I say? I'm a sensitive gal ;) I guess that "ah ha" moment is different for everyone.

I hope shopping went smoothly for you. I DREAD shopping with my kids. The only way I can go out is if they have their tablets with them. I know it's terrible, but I can keep some of my sanity as I'm grabbing stuff off the shelves. I try to go once they're asleep, or just go for quick trips. I could not do 3 hours like you. I would get kicked out of the store, lol!

Esther, I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise and congrats on your last week of Insanity!

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

-Patty