Nearly there.

Options
Hiya, hope everyone is having a good morning. I have only 4lbs to go. I have lost 3 and half stone with slimming world. I want now to change my thinking from diet thinking to healthy eating thinking. I know from previous diets that as soon as I finish dieting I go all out and eat as much as I can and gain the weight again.
I love my new life. I have got so much more energy and a new lease of life. Activities I would have hated in the past I now enjoy such as jogging and hill walking. I'm very lucky because I have the Cairngorms mountains on my doorstep. Planning to start lifting weights today. This is to gain strength and to try and correct very round shoulders.

Please feel free to add me as a friend. I am on here everyday.

Replies

• Newbeginnings46
    Newbeginnings46 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hiya cold frosty morning here. As mentioned in previous post, I have starting lifting weights. DOMS kicked in very quickly. Still very sore today(yesterday was rest day). Despite still feeling very sore and stiff I plan to go out for a jog tonight in an attempt to ease pain and stiffness. Is this the right thing to do, How do others cope with DOMS?
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hiya cold frosty morning here. As mentioned in previous post, I have starting lifting weights. DOMS kicked in very quickly. Still very sore today(yesterday was rest day). Despite still feeling very sore and stiff I plan to go out for a jog tonight in an attempt to ease pain and stiffness. Is this the right thing to do, How do others cope with DOMS?

Dafaq is that doms? :D Yeah, its a good idea to have a light workout. It helps with blood flow which will deliver necessary nutrient(hopefully you diet is decent) to the muscles.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    DOMS for me normally mean I'm starting to need a deload week, in general, lighter load week to help my central nervous system recover.

Plenty of stretches and mobility work also. Think im either very lucky or adapt well as doms only come to me when its a few months since a deload.
  • Newbeginnings46
    Newbeginnings46 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. This is a steep learning curve for me. My understanding of DOMS is the intense muscle pain and stiffness after a new exercise such as lifting which appears a day or so after. Last time I had it this sore was after my first metafit class. Had trouble sitting for two days. Even though it's going to be sore, it makes sense going for a run tonight.