No wine for 10 days... But no weight loss?

Options
marume
marume Posts: 3 Member
Hi everybody! First of all I want to say that it's great that this group exists because it's not easy to ditch the evening wine/champagne/martini...
I just joined the community as I'm looking to get to my goal of 115 lbs, since that was my weight just 2 years ago. I had a daughter (with 7 lbs leftover) and 2 surgeries (with 10 lbs leftover). I lost some, and I'm 129 now, but I got in a plateau, which made me decide to ditch the alcohol until I reach my goal. The problem is that these 10 days I haven't lost anything! I'm doing paleo, eating around 1200-1500 cals, and working out 5xweek. Has any of you had this problem? I thought the weight was going to melt off by not drinking! Any help/answer will be greatly appreciated :-)

Replies

• CaiF1981
    CaiF1981 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Its great you have done 10 days without wine. When I'm usually drinking wine, I lose weight next day. I think cutting down booze for weight is more long term process. Your eating habits are changing slower, your metabolism too. I usually drink 4 units once a week, but want to cut it down too. I think when you dont drink at all finally, you are start feeling better and eating less and losing weight and getting control, not being impulsive anymore.
  • marume
    marume Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the response, Caif! I do feel better, and even though I miss it when I'm dealing with certain triggers, I'm coping with not drinking much better than I thought I would.
    I hope you're right and I can achieve my goal at some point...
    Any other input or insight that somebody would like to share? Thanks!
  • thekatspjs
    thekatspjs Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    well i hate to tell you this. but i quit all alcohol -not a sip- for 70 days early 2014 and i did not lose one pound. not a lb. i am 37 and i guess my metabolism has just slowed so much that cutting out alcohol did not budge my weight... depressing.