My sugery is tomorrow!

Options
ihh100
ihh100 Posts: 2 Member
Im freaking out a little bit but I know its just nerves. If anyone has any last minute words of wisdom or things I cant forget to bring to the hospital, Im all ears!

Replies

• Bubirn
    Bubirn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's the greatest thing I've ever done for myself. I was sleeved 10/30/13 and feel wonderful. First day/ night is hard some pain and nausea but so worth it. I've lost 16 lbs in 2 weeks n total of 37. There is plenty of support on mfp.

Good luck, best wishes for little pain and nausea.

Welcome to your new life!

Gerri
  • suzee279
    Options
    Nervousness is so normal. It will be fine.

Good luck!!

Suz
  • spooky228
    Options
    First few days are a little rough. You will get better as each day passes. Waiting to hear how you do! Laura
  • BoysMommaX4
    BoysMommaX4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just had VSG last Tuesday. I think that the hardest part (aside from the nausea and pain) was my mouth and throat being dry. If I could do it over I would have had a huge glass of water before bed the night before. Chap stick really helped though :).
    Plz ignore my counter. I just joined myfitnesspal two days ago. I am down 7lbs from surgery and 13 total.
  • redfishwhofish
    Options
    Hope your surgery went well!
  • Caligirl0
    Caligirl0 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Check in when you can!!!!
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hope your surgery goes well for you! Good Luck! I was fortunate enough not to have any complications to speak of, just the usual discomfort that is to be expected. Take the pain meds that are available to you, because with adequate pain control you can do the things that will speed your recovery, like the coughing and deep-breathing, and most important of all, walk, walk, walk! As others have stated, dry mouth is probably one of the most discomforting thing. I was very fortunate to have a surgeon who allowed a small amount of ice chips every hour so long as you weren't nauseated. It helped a lot. Also had some little spongy swab things that I was able to dip in ice water to coat my mouth with. Think happy thoughts of what your future is going to be like as they put you to sleep, lol! Hope this helps.