New bibs

Options
Kupe
Kupe Posts: 758 Member
Does any one wear dhb bibs, specifically Aeron pro?

Wiggle has a special on at the moment 2 for AUD$173 and was considering purchasing, the reviews are pretty good. Wanted to know if anyone I "know" wears their equipment.

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Yep - i've had a couple of pairs, wore them in rotation with a pair of 25% more expensive Gore shorts over summer 2012 - they were comfortable supportive and fine for long rides.

Only problem I had, and this isn't actually restricted to the Wiggle ones, it's something that's more related to the pad - The CyTech stretchy pads are really sensitive to how they're washed and dried... most specifically, the pads broke down when they were accidentally put through a fast spin cycle a couple of times. After that, the multiple layers of foam within the pad (which is only edge sewn) became a little detached - I'm assuming that the glue bond broke - and sometimes post-wash/dry you'd find all the padding in one corner of the shorts... not comfortable.

So - follow the wash instructions (preferably inside out, in a "delicates" mesh bag, to save "pulling threads" on the lycra) and don't spin or tumble dry and they'll be fine. I got a full season out of them, and to be honest, by the time they broke down, I was down to the next size anyway, so I wasn't too worried.

However, I'd also keep an eye out on Wiggle for when they have Castelli kit in the sales - mid winter last year I bought 2 pairs of the Castelli shorts (admittedly the 2012 model, not the new 2013's) for around the same money as the dhb's...
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Still have to get the purchase past the wife. So might wait a bit and see about the other sales.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Still have to get the purchase past the wife.

As is the 'norm' :laugh:

I resemble that comment :huh:
  • flfenner
    Options
    I honestly prefer Pearl Izumi the pro (red) shorts are real expensive but if your looking for something less expensive the elite (orange) or even the select (blue) are awesome
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    I've got a set of Champions and they have done really well for me but the Pearl izumi reds have been my favorite lately.