Several symptoms - I wonder if you have the same?

Options
hello ladies it's a lovely sunny day here but terribly cold :frown:

I want to talk about some symptoms of my own - if my fibro fog let me :grumble: - let's see where to start....:ohwell:

1 - DRY MOUTH
every single day I wake up very thirsty and my mouth is dry all day long, no matter how much water I drink it's never enough. I thought it could be a side effect from medication so I made a study with medicine and without it. the result was the same so it's no side effect which makes me feel very angry :mad:
Does any of you have the same problem? Do you know what the cause might be?

2 - ZOMBIE
This is what I call to my state - I feel since I wake up till go to sleep like a zombie and it's not due to medication either. This feeling of constant fatigue and I take so long to do my house talks that annoys me. Some days i have a coffee to bust me some energy and it works for a couple of hours then I'm back to zombie mood again.
I can't take naps because I just can't sleep. I don't sleep well at night and I do suffer from insomnia; I know that all this together doesn't help me to feel alive during the day... I just wish I could have a nap some times.

3 - VOODOO PAINS
I am aware of all the type of pains we can feel on FM but ladies this is too much for one person only in my opinion :cry:
I can feel at the same time these kind of pain:
- stabs in my back, legs, arms and chest
- pins and needles in my legs and knees
- squeezing my heart and muscles, a terrible feeling :sad:
- electric shocks from my head through my neck and shoulders.... I hate these ones :explode: sometimes I am talking and this happens I just feel lost , confused and I have to crouch.

The worse is in the evening. Most of the days i tell my husband that somebody must have a voodoo doll of me and is having fun pinching it all over because the pains I feel are unreal!

4 - CRACKING JOINTS
Now this symptom is bit better since i started taking magnesium and glucosamine a week ago, but it's a scary sound :blushing: my husband sometimes laughs saying that it seems I am getting myself broken so loud are the noises especially in the neck! It happens all the time.
I also have this hollow sound when I move my legs up and down as if my kneecap was going to move out of place or something.

5 - GRINDING TEETH OR BRUXISM
Here's a link if you wish to know more about this :
http://enddrivingfear.hubpages.com/hub/Underlying-Reason-Causes-of-Bruxism

I am a very nervous and stressful person, I have had several depressions since I was 18 years old, had a nervous breakdown when i was still working. I never realized that I used to grind my teeth till I started complaining about jaw pain and my dentist told me that my teeth were getting worn out; my husband also told me that during my sleep I make this terrifying noise . I know it has no cure and my dentist advised me to wear a silicone protection in my worse days. I never wear it :embarassed:

6 - FIBRO-FOG
I don't feel it all the time but there are weeks when i can't remember things or concentrate. I keep doing nonsenses at home like storing the bread in the fridge instead of putting it in the pantry :glasses:
I have problems with recent memory so I have to not down everything I need to do.
I must say that when I take complex of vitamin B this problem becomes better, I can think straight, concentrate myself easily and i have much more energy.
But it's not a good feeling not remembering what our husband told us 5 minutes ago, or when I read something interesting that I wish to share with him or with a friend and I can't remember what i read :sad:

7 - FINGERS/HANDS PAINS
I used to suffer from tendinitis when I worked because of the use of the mouse, my work was spending all day ate the computer so it was very hard for me with the pains in my elbows and hands.
Nowadays every time i feel I have a tendinitis coming out I take right away a anti-inflammatory as my doctor advised me to.
It also happens that some times I don't have the strength to hold cutlery when I am eating and it happens to drop the knife or the fork, embarassing if you're at a restaurant or with friends.

Well I know there was something else i wanted to talk about but it slipped out of my mind :sad:

Take care ladies :smile:

Replies

• necee99
    Options
    Dry mouth\ Thirst - yes. due to diabetes though. Has doc ever told you are borderline? or does anyone in your family have diabetes?

Out of it- only when I take amitryptaline or am in excruciating pain.

Pains- yes. yes. yes. feeling of pins. tight chest. stabs.

Crack joints- super yes. sometimes it hurts.

Grinding teeth- No, but I find myself clenching them together very tightly sometimes without me knowing, and i have to just relax my face b/c my jaw bones will start to hurt. Hence why I need a muscle relaxer. I have a very tense, tight body, period.

Fibro Fog- Yes. I forgot how to do simple subtraction one day. It freaked me out!!!

Hands/ Finger Pain- Ohhhh Yes. Especially in the mourning. Also fingers can lock up on me at times, if I hold them in one position too long. example, I was holding some coins in my hand waiting to give the fast food lady some change. When i reached to give her the coins, I could not open my fingers. I had to use my other hand to open my fingers individually. It's funny to me now, :laugh: but at the time it was embarrassing. :blushing:
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Have you had your self checked out for lyme disease or chronic lyme disease and also sounds like you got nerve damage and that can be from number of things from shingles to diabetes.

on a side note Necee Ive been doing 45 mins of the Leslie Sansone this week and my left hip area hurts. Now I know this can be from lack of stretching but do you experience more dull achy pain in your hips from walking more?
  • necee99
    Options
    Have you had your self checked out for lyme disease or chronic lyme disease and also sounds like you got nerve damage and that can be from number of things from shingles to diabetes.

on a side note Necee Ive been doing 45 mins of the Leslie Sansone this week and my left hip area hurts. Now I know this can be from lack of stretching but do you experience more dull achy pain in your hips from walking more?

I was experiencing more dull achy pain in legs/ hips until I started doing some good stretching after my workout. I have less of that particular pain now. I love the sparkpeople stretches for runners routine on youtube. it has helped soooooo much!
  • Darklady5
    Options
    Dry mouth\ Thirst - yes. due to diabetes though. Has doc ever told you are borderline? or does anyone in your family have diabetes?

Out of it- only when I take amitryptaline or am in excruciating pain.

Pains- yes. yes. yes. feeling of pins. tight chest. stabs.

Crack joints- super yes. sometimes it hurts.

Grinding teeth- No, but I find myself clenching them together very tightly sometimes without me knowing, and i have to just relax my face b/c my jaw bones will start to hurt. Hence why I need a muscle relaxer. I have a very tense, tight body, period.

Fibro Fog- Yes. I forgot how to do simple subtraction one day. It freaked me out!!!

Hands/ Finger Pain- Ohhhh Yes. Especially in the mourning. Also fingers can lock up on me at times, if I hold them in one position too long. example, I was holding some coins in my hand waiting to give the fast food lady some change. When i reached to give her the coins, I could not open my fingers. I had to use my other hand to open my fingers individually. It's funny to me now, :laugh: but at the time it was embarrassing. :blushing:

My sugar levels are perfect thanks god .....
  • Darklady5
    Options

I don't have shingles or diabetes but docs here are not very familiar with FMS and I really don't know about Lyme disease
  • MsWallwoman
    Options
    Hi,

As far as your symptoms go, they all sounds familiar to me and what I experience on a daily basis.

1 - DRY MOUTH... not sure why, but since I have started drinking A LOT of water as per the recommendations on my therapist this has gone away. I drink around 4L of water a day. This helps flush out my system of the toxins that build up in my body and helps with my muscle soreness and digestion as well.

2 - ZOMBIE... I often feel like I am in a zombie state, feeling so so so exhausted. This also makes me moody and... well, to be honest really *****y. I am like a big grumpy mama bear zombie. I do not take any medications but I do find that "holy basil" is REALLY helpful for my mood... I call it my "*****y pill". I have also found that a good multi vitamin has helped me with my energy. I take "Sangster's Women's Choice Multi Vitamin and Minerals (Enhanced Formula for Active Women)". I have to take it in the AM because it helps with energy and kicks me out of the Zombie'ish state for a while.

3 - VOODOO PAINS... I feel your pain. I too have head to toe pains of all kinds and they too get worse as the day goes on. I am told this is because pain is effected by my mood, energy levels, stress, etc. So as the day goes on, I feel worse and worse. There is a cool article that a friend of mine sent me. It is not specifically about Fibromyalgia, but how the woman describes her situation totally makes sense and puts things into prospective very well. It also helps other people understand what we are going through so you can explain or have your loved ones read this and they might understand a little better too. The link for this article is....
    http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/wpress/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

4 - CRACKING JOINTS... I also take the same and it helps me too. I think for me, the clicking and cracking happens because my muscles are so tight and spamming often. So my bones and joints are being pulled in different ways. For me, activity and stretching really helps. I have started doing a beginners light and easy yoga, which is nice.

5 - GRINDING TEETH OR BRUXISM... I have really sore jaw joints and often find myself clinching my teeth together really tightly. Meditation and face exercises help me with this. I at times get so sore that I can't talk or eat. If you grind due to stress and anxiety, maybe try taking Holy Basil. Its natural and might help take the edge off without getting your doped up.

6 - FIBRO-FOG... this is struggle with the most. I feel dumb and like my brain is not the same any more. Multi tasking, sentence forming, memory, getting lost... its so disturbing.

7 - FINGERS/HANDS PAINS... my hands are horrible. I drop things all the time now, which I never really did. I can't trust my grip or open jars very well, and this is super heartbreaking because I used to always be the one in house that could open new jars!

So... you are not alone. Think positive, get stubborn with your routine and remember... we are not Fibromyalgia sufferers, we are Fibromyalgia Warriors and we ROCK!!!

Wishing you all the best on your journey. :flowerforyou: