Latest lab results

Options
KariD1114
KariD1114 Posts: 1,204 Member
TPO 219 down from 228 a week ago & 311 six months ago.
TSH 1.78 down from 3.28 a week ago & was 1.76 six months ago.
Free T3 2.7 down from 2.8 six months ago.
Free T4 1.33 up from 1.28 six months ago.
Ferritin 47 down from 51 a week & 52 six months ago.

Frustrating. I thought this practice would be a good fit & it was at first. Then staff turnover & now it seems to be falling apart. At my annual physical I described the symptoms (again) that I was intermittently having....hair loss getting worse, skin becoming more dry, lump in throat (small goiter was felt by a NP there last Jan) feels like it expands & contracts, the all of a sudden "crash" where it feels like every ounce of energy has left your body, fingers & toes become freezing & the feeling like your internal furnace has basically shut off.

The PA asked me if I was depressed...well, yeah due to frickin' above symptoms! Because the appropriate lab work wasn't ordered initially all she had was my ferritin & TPO level. I left a message for them today to call me to discuss these results. Guess if they don't I'll be doctor "shopping" again.

Replies

• calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wow...my endo has never given me a copy of my labs....I plan to ask for them this visit (on Friday). Gosh I hope my goiter doesn't come back (took over a year for it to shrink down). I also had to have 2 needle biopsies to rule out cancer. BTW...I share similiar issues...hair falls out all the time, I have raynaud's disease and I cycle through bouts of depression. I definately feel better than I did 2 years ago when I was first diagnosed...but I haven't had any symptoms completely clear up.

Good luck getting your thyroid numbers under control.
  • KariD1114
    Options
    Thanks, Callie. :smile: When I started with my current GP they used something called Health Tracker where you're given a password and then you can look at your diagnoses, labs, & last set of vitals. Unfortunately you can't print anything out. They used to automatically give me a hard copy of my labs when I came in but the last time their computer was down so didn't get them. Probably anal on my part but I've made a simple spreadsheet on my computer and input my "female" hormones; think I'll start doing that with the thyroid hormones as well.

Just thought I'd throw my values out there (keeping in mind no one's a doc) just to see if others might have any input on them.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I always get copies of my labs, it's important to have. What are the reference ranges for the lab they send to so I can see where your numbers fall?
  • KariD1114
    Options
    Here are the reference ranges:

Ferritin is 15-150 (initially I was told it should be 60 or more).
    TPO 0-34
    TSH 0.45-4.5
    Free T3 2.0-4.4
    Free T4 0.82-1.77
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Your TSH looks fine, but I see room for improvement on your T3 and a little even in your T4 - but mostly T3 could use a bump. I know when my T3 is where I like it my TSH is very suppressed, sometimes below 1. So if your doc relies on your TSH alone then try to convince them to let you increase your other numbers until you resolve symptoms or get a new doc. Relying on TSH alone is a poor way to treat Hashi's.

Have you had your B12 and VitD checked recently? It's also common for us Hashi's to have issues with deficiencies in both of these. I've been struggling for years to get both of mine up.
  • KariD1114
    Options
    2 years ago my first ever tested D level was 25. It's now up to 49 taking 2000 iu drops every night. I had real trouble with absorption at first (even with proper diet & magnesium I'd get really constipated). She wants me to start taking 4000 iu per night as I'm still too low.

My B12 is 1146. She still told me to take a B supplement, when I asked her about this reading she said it's a water soluble so body would excrete what it couldn't use (this part I knew). I've never had a B12 level on a lab report before & had just started taking a B-complex about a week before my lab work.

I really appreciate your input - thank you!

Update: Got a call back from dr's office. They want my ferritin to be around 100 so recommended I start taking an ultra iron supplement. Also (as you said) T4 wasn't bad but T3 a little low so they want me to start Iodizyme 25 mg a day.