Snacking

Options
Although I feel like I'm a healthy eater at mealtimes, my serious weakness is snacking. So I'm going to use an idea from Weight Watchers. They don't "count" fruits in their points system. Now I know that mfp is different from ww, but since snacking is my problem, I thought not having to add my fruit snacks to the entries each time, while having to add every other type of morsel, might lead me into healthier snacking. So I'll let you know. I think it's worth a try. I know it's a form of game playing, but what the heck.

Replies

• umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I agree that fruit snacking is much better than any other snack, But I am not sure about the benefit of not recording it in your diary. Whats the incentive for not recording it?
  • 2marsuccess
    Options
    It's a psychological thing. Just trying to feel full and be able to snack while sort of getting rewarded for eating fruit vs a salty snack. But I'm not going overboard, just borrowing that idea from weight watchers, since they must have done research that showed it to be valuable (although theirs is a point system). I'm trying to find ways to change that part of my food consumption that I find to be the most problematic, i.e. snacking. Others might have problems in other areas such as junk food at McDonalds or huge portions, but that's not (I don't think) how I put on/keep on the weight. Have you found ideas that are helpful to you? I do think the bottom line to losing weight is probably mindful eating and accountability, which is why MFP is so valuable. This is just a minor deviation I'm trying. ,