COMING SOON ... in December!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to December - Thanks Guys.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'm excited about the move to Groups. I look at my Groups page every day which will hopefully remind me to update more often. I've been very, very bad about it this month.

I appreciate all the work that goes into updating the spreadsheet. I can't even keep up with reading everybody's posts so I can't imagine having to actually track it!
  • Cavegirlbelly
    Options
    Thank you*!! I'm happy and more than a little relieved that so far the response to the change to Groups has been positive! We were legitimately concerned that doing so would close us off from being found by new people....but in the last 24 hours, I've seen more new people find us than we normally used to get the old way....and we haven't even lifted a finger to "promote" or advertise yet! :smile:

Now if anything, my concern is....what if we grow to 2,000+ members like some of the other popular Groups have? How are we going to keep up with that level of posting?!? I'm not sure we can...or would even want to try. Do we set a cap and once we hit it, do we have to go private until a few members fade out before we can add more back up to the limit?? :noway:

As far as the number of posts...what if we limited posting to once per week? We could have random discussions in other threads, but with one thread for distance updates, I think it would keep the work down for the admins. Everyone's so good about keeping up with their distance already, I don't think this would be much of a stretch. I sure wouldn't mind if it would help you guys out!! :flowerforyou:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    And I also noticed that when you replied to this, I got an entry on my Newsfeed that you posted here so that's good! When I tried it a couple of days ago, I did not see an entry for me on my own feed....which makes sense I guess. But I'm glad others can see it so that will help with "spreading the word" about this challenge!

You can choose in settings whether it shows up on your newsfeed when you comment on a thread, create a new one, etc.
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    jPGvbbw.png

I think I've got it. =)
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options

As far as the number of posts...what if we limited posting to once per week? We could have random discussions in other threads, but with one thread for distance updates, I think it would keep the work down for the admins. Everyone's so good about keeping up with their distance already, I don't think this would be much of a stretch. I sure wouldn't mind if it would help you guys out!! :flowerforyou:

I agree with having a once a week distance check-in thread. It would help the admins a ton I believe.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,339 Member
    Options

I agree with having a once a week distance check-in thread. It would help the admins a ton I believe.
    Initially I agreed with that suggestion and really liked it....but then the more I thought about it, I though about how for me anyway, the act of checking in frequently before I was an Admin (daily-ish) was part of what made it successful. It kept MYAC on my brain every single day. Plus we would lose a lot of the interaction we have now which also contributes to its success. So I guess my preference would be to try to preserve how it currently operates and deal with it best we can. It may take more frequent updating by Janet, Denise and I...or it may take adding another volunteer spreadsheet updater or two. We'll see what happens I guess and cross that bridge then. :smile:

Dave
    Darkrider42
  • Cavegirlbelly
    Options

Initially I agreed with that suggestion and really liked it....but then the more I thought about it, I though about how for me anyway, the act of checking in frequently before I was an Admin (daily-ish) was part of what made it successful. It kept MYAC on my brain every single day. Plus we would lose a lot of the interaction we have now which also contributes to its success. So I guess my preference would be to try to preserve how it currently operates and deal with it best we can. It may take more frequent updating by Janet, Denise and I...or it may take adding another volunteer spreadsheet updater or two. We'll see what happens I guess and cross that bridge then. :smile:

Dave
    Darkrider42

That makes a lot of sense too. If it becomes unmanageable though, I wouldn't mind volunteering! I <3 spreadsheets. lol
  • itsfruitcake
    itsfruitcake Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Genuinely excited. I'm still convinced the challenge is what got me off my *kitten* in September and made me get back into running!
  • darkrider42
    Options
    That makes a lot of sense too. If it becomes unmanageable though, I wouldn't mind volunteering! I <3 spreadsheets. lol
    RUNTHISTOWN - Thank you so much for offering! I'm making a mental note of it and will keep you in mind should we need another set of helping hands! :flowerforyou:

Dave
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options

Dave
    Darkrider42

I'm also in if you ever need another volunteer :drinker:
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Soooo excited to finally see a MYAC Group!!!!
    excited-baby.gif
  • Kaplat
    Kaplat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    ^^ this :wink:
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I was just saying to myself this morning, "Lorraine, you need to move your @ss&quot;.
    Lo and behold one of the first things I saw on MFP was news about this group!
    I believe they call that, serendipity ;)

Here's to a long and happy(endorphin-fuelled) partnership! *clinks glass*
  • maasmom2
    maasmom2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am SOOOOOO HAPPY this challenge has moved to a group! Yes!!!!! I am super happy! Thank you DAVE it makes it easier to get to know people also thank you for all your hard work !!!:bigsmile:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    OMG l'm laughing in my van in the school parking lot after seeing this image lmao. How funny and cute is that lol.
    Soooo excited to finally see a MYAC Group!!!!
    excited-baby.gif
  • darkrider42
    Options
    I'm also in if you ever need another volunteer :drinker:
    Awesome!! Thanks SPEEDY! We'll let you know!! :flowerforyou:

Dave
  • darkrider42
    Options
    OMG l'm laughing in my van in the school parking lot after seeing this image lmao. How funny and cute is that lol.
    ME TOO!! :) Well, I'm not in a van....or a school parking lot, but I'm still LMAO! :laugh::laugh:

Not sure how I missed it before but thanks Speedy for posting and Denise for reposting it! :happy:

Dave
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,403 Member
    Options
    Hey I found yinz....Pittsburghese for you You Guys.

I am in for December for my usual 200 miles although I am training for a half marathon so mileage may go up. But 200 for now.

Thanks Dave and Spreedsheet folks for keeping this going. It has been great motivation.
This discussion has been closed.